Chapter 71 Meeting Again
Harry was a little surprised by that, and he asked, “Byron?”
He didn’t expect Byron to have such a strong aversion towards Cora, not even wanting to ride in the same elevator with
Jane felt both puzzled and somewhat unsurprised, offering Cora an apologetic smile.
After all, in her eyes, the relationship between Byron and Cora was based on Carter. Since Cora accompanied Carter for
a drink the last time, it was likely that they had broken up. So it was normal for Byron to dislike her now.
Only Carter remained poker-faced throughout, as if everything had nothing to do with him.
This made Sally even more anxious.
Seeing the elevator doors closing, Sally quickly asked, “What happened between you and Mr. Pope? Is there any
misunderstanding? Should I call him back and help you clarify things?”
Deep down, she believed Carter had been kind and considerate towards Cora before. Otherwise, how could he have
caught the attention of his boss, Byron?
“No need, Sally. It’s already over between him and me.”
Cora was referring to Byron.
“Didn’t you break up a month ago? Actually, I had sensed it, but I didn’t want to ask to avoid making you feel sad.”
Although Sally appeared lively and carefree, she was actually very perceptive.
She had noticed a month ago that Cora no longer seemed as happy as before, and even her smiles had become less
frequent. And sometimes Cora would stare blankly out the window. Sally had anticipated something was wrong, but she
just hadn’t dared to ask about it.
“Hmm.” Cora nodded, her eyes slightly reddening.
“It’s okay. It’s not as difficult as you think to find a suitable man. Tyler is a good option. I’ll help you dress up nicely for the
dinner tonight and try to win him over in one go.”
Sally had always been an actionist, so that night, she directly dressed Cora in a slim blue dress with a white sweater
jacket, which made Cora appear both pure and alluring.
The dinner was set at the Majestic Global Restaurant. When Sally led Cora into the private room, there were already
several people sitting inside.
Tyler had also arrived, wearing a white shirt and beige pants. With his tall and well-proportioned figure, his strikingly
handsome face had an irresistible charm, attracting the attention of almost all the women in the room.
However, Tyler mostly listened to others and only occasionally responded with a few words.
Elegance and dignity were perfectly integrated and expressed in him.
It wasn’t until he saw Cora’s arrival that he stood up from his seat to greet her, “Cora, long time no see.”
“Tyler, it’s been a while.”
Cora and Tyler were more familiar with each other compared to others. Not only were they classmates, but there was also
the fact that when their professor didn’t have time to answer Cora’s questions, he would arrange for Tyler to help her.
Therefore, Tyler could be considered as a half-mentor to Cora.
“Tyler, you’re too biased. When I came in, you only noticed Cora and didn’t even greet me.”
Sally teased as she approached them, causing Tyler to apologize repeatedly, treating her like an honored guest and
guiding her to the seat.
With Sally, a social butterfly, the atmosphere at this dinner was relatively relaxed.
Halfway through the dinner, Cora went to the restroom.
She had drunk a few sips of wine earlier and felt a bit dizzy. She splashed some water on her face to refresh herself and,
as she looked up through the mirror, she saw Tyler standing behind her.
“Cora, are you okay?” Tyler noticed that the alcohol content of her drink was quite high, so he followed her out because
he was afraid that she would run into trouble if she came out alone.
“I’m fine, quite sober, actually.”
Tyler handed Cora a pack of tissues, and she began wiping the water off her cheeks.
In her slim dress, she looked like a beautiful vase, her enchanting curves fully displayed.
In addition, her face had a slight flush from the alcohol, accentuating her charming demeanor. It easily made people want
to protect her delicate beauty and shield her from any harm.
Tyler had the same thought, so he suddenly spoke up again, “I’m not leaving again after returning to New York this time. If
anything happens, you can always call me.”
When Cora looked up, she realized Tyler was looking down at her, his gaze seemingly filled with an unusual desire.
“Thank you, Tyler.”
Listening to her distant gratitude, Tyler narrowed his deep eyes slightly and stared at her without his usual aloofness. It
seemed that something was breaking free from its cocoon.
“Cora, don’t thank me. I’ve heard about what happened to your family, and I couldn’t help much. I’m sorry… I came back
Both of them had been drinking tonight, and this state made it suitable for revealing certain words hidden in their hearts.
However, just as Tyler approached Cora, a sound suddenly came from the smoking area across the restroom.
They both turned their heads in response and saw Byron walking out from there
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower ) Chapter 71
Chapter 71 Meeting Again
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.