Chapter 70 His Rejection
Holding Cora’s arms, Sally focused on the gossip and didn’t notice Byron and the others at all.
“I don’t know.” Cora didn’t notice them either because Sally kept snickering and diverted her attention.
“Why are you laughing?”
“Didn’t you realize the motive of Tyler rushing back after you canceled the engagement? I still remember that Tyler and
you had chemistry at that time.”
After Sally finished speaking, she poked Cora with her elbow and smiled wickedly, “Cora, I think this time, when Tyler
comes back, you might as well consider your relationship with him.”
“You…” Cora was about to tell Sally not to talk nonsense.
Looking up inadvertently, she saw Byron, who was waiting for the elevator unexpectedly.
After a month, the two people who had broken up met again.
He was still very handsome with an alluring charm.
Facing those unfathomable deep eyes, Cora also had regrets…
But all the emotions came to an abrupt end with the sarcasm in his eyes and his indifferent expression.
In addition, she also saw Jane standing side by side with him, and the words that came to Cora’s lips also changed.
“Your suggestion is good. We’ll talk about it at dinner tonight.”
Even Sally was confused by this answer. “Cora?”
She was just joking, but why did Cora agree?
But soon, she knew why Cora had said that.
She saw Carter beside Byron.
“Cora.” While Harry greeted Cora first, he also took the opportunity to glance at Byron, wanting to see how the man would
But Byron only gave her an extra look when Cora appeared, and soon his eyes fell on the elevator display screen.
Cora also nodded slightly as a greeting.
“Cora, I was discharged from the hospital today.” Harry stared at Cora’s pretty face, feeling sweet in his heart.
Especially when seeing her divine and beautiful appearance in a white lab coat, he couldn’t help but think of the beautiful
and slender appearance of her waist in his hands when they danced together that day…
“Congratulations, Mr. Cross,” Cora responded, but the peripheral vision at the end of her eyes still deviated from her
reason, and quietly looked at Byron.
After all, she still couldn’t be as ruthless as this man. She gave him her first time.
But the man just stared at the elevator screen from beginning to end and treated her worse than a stranger.
The disparity in contrast made Cora feel like her heart had been torn apart.
During this period, she was busy with work and looking for a house during the day, and only at night would she think of
him and the night when they were deeply in love.
She couldn’t help but wonder if she hadn’t slapped Byron at that time, and if she hadn’t rejected him so thoroughly, would
it have ended differently now?
But now it seemed that such an idea was really ridiculous.
This man didn’t take her seriously at all, and he continued to be with his fiancée.
Even if she hadn’t rejected him so thoroughly at the time, they wouldn’t have had a good result in the end.
Long-term pain was worse than short-term pain, and she would soon forget him. She must be as ruthless as he was when
she saw him again!
“Cora, it’s a bit disingenuous just to say congratulations. Why don’t you come to my party tonight and help me celebrate?”
After the dance with Cora at the charity auction that day, Harry had been thinking about her.
Seeing that Byron and Cora hadn’t had any communication at all, he couldn’t bear the restlessness in his heart.
“Sorry, Mr. Cross. I have promised my friend to go to his party tonight.”
Cora’s smile was very pure, and those eyes were crystal clear, showing a bit of sincerity.
Harry couldn’t bear to embarrass her no matter what, so he could only say, “Then next time when I have a party, you must
“Of course.” Cora smiled, making it hard to tell whether her words were true or not.
Harry was still about to say something, but the elevator suddenly opened.
Byron walked in first. Jane and Carter followed, and Harry walked in last. He turned his head and was about to ask Cora
and Sally to go into the elevator together.
Before he could say anything to Cora, Byron had already said, “It’s full. You wait for the next one.”
In fact, there were only four of them in the elevator, so it was more than enough for Cora and Sally to get on the elevator
Byron did this because he didn’t want to take the same elevator with Cora.
His rejection of Cora was showing on his face…
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower ) Chapter 70
Chapter 70 His Rejection
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.