Chapter 72 Why Not?
“Byron?” Tyler was taken aback and greeted him first.
Byron had just extinguished his cigarette, and the smell of smoke still lingered around him. “When did you come back?”
Both men had identical perfect body proportions and equally exceptional charisma.
The difference was in their auras. If Tyler, in his white shirt and beige trousers, looked as clean and angelic as ever,
Byron, in his black shirt and black pants, seemed like a devil wandering in the dark.
Byron’s gaze was profound and icy, as if it emitted a chilling effect. Even Tyler couldn’t help but shiver when he got closer.
“Today.” Tyler felt that something was off about Byron’s demeanor today, but he couldn’t pinpoint what exactly it was.
“Well, let’s meet another day then.”
As Byron passed by them, his gaze briefly swept across Cora’s face.
Remembering his indifference and avoidance earlier in the day, Cora imitated him by not making eye contact and treating
him as a complete stranger.
“I definitely will. I’ll treat next time.”
Tyler watched Byron walk away and wanted to say something to Cora.
But Cora said first, “Tyler, I need to use the restroom. You go back first.”
“Alright, I’ll wait for you in the private room.”
Byron’s presence disrupted the atmosphere, and Tyler couldn’t find the same feeling as before. Certain words couldn’t be
Cora nodded in response, turned around, and went into the bathroom.
But what she never expected was that when she came out of the bathroom, Tyler had left, but Byron was standing in front
of the sink smoking a cigarette.
The smoke diffused around him, and with his slightly tilted head and tense jawline, he exuded a seductive aura.
Upon hearing the sound, his gaze fell unabashedly on Cora.
On this late autumn night, she was wearing a slim-fit blue dress with a white cardigan draped over it.
That enchanting appearance made him involuntarily think about whether she was as irresistible when lying beneath Tyler
as she was when she was with him.
Cora felt a scorching sensation from his brazen gaze, which made her earlier tipsy feeling almost disappear.
She clenched the bag in her hand and was about to quickly walk past Byron, intending to continue to treat him as a
stranger just like before.
However, Cora couldn’t have anticipated that just as she was about to pass by Byron, he suddenly grabbed her waist and
pulled her tightly into his embrace.
“Are you trying to seduce Tyler?”
His eyes narrowed slightly, and his whole demeanor became deep and cold.
Cora struggled for a moment, but she found that the more she resisted, the tighter Byron’s hold became until there was no
space left between them.
She could clearly feel the temperature rising in Byron’s body, afraid that he would lose control completely. So, she
changed her strategy.
“Mr. Hansen, you have sharp eyes.” She stopped struggling and didn’t touch Byron with her hands. Instead, she held onto
her handbag and smiled seductively at him.
“Did you succeed?”
Byron had obvious sarcasm in his tone.
“Mr. Hansen, if you hadn’t interrupted just now, I probably would have succeeded.”
Cora was still smiling at him, and her slightly drunk eyes were full of charm.
“After succeeding, are you planning to marry into the Cooper family? Their threshold is even higher than the Hansen
Byron’s tone was as icy as freezing cold.
But Cora’s tone was even colder than his. “If the threshold is high, so be it. I didn’t be with him aiming to get married
Without Byron reminding her, Cora knew that although the Cooper family wasn’t one of the top four prominent families in
New York, they were an influential and well-connected family. Every wealthy family had to establish good relations with
them and try to form an alliance.
She had never thought of marrying the social ladder of the Cooper family. It was just Byron’s harsh words and stern
demeanor that ignited her rebellious spirit. It wasn’t her fault that her background suddenly became humble!
Seemingly angered by her, Byron tightened his embrace around her waist once again. “Not aiming to get married? Aiming
for the benefits he can give you instead?”
“He can offer a price, and I can afford it,” Byron said, his expression almost devouring Cora.
“Mr. Hansen, I know you are wealthy and powerful, but at the moment, I prefer Tyler.”
But when Cora sweetly called out “Tyler,” it felt like Byron’s eyebrows were about to freeze into ice.
He took a deep drag on his cigarette and blew the smoke toward Cora’s face. “Are you sure Tyler can satisfy you?”
Cora turned her face away, but the smoke still made her cough a few times, slightly annoyed.
“I heard that a man’s 25th year is a turning point. I believe Tyler is more capable than you, Mr. Hansen.”
But Cora, being too naive, didn’t know that provoking Byron was unwise.
As expected, as soon as Byron was suspected of not having good skills in bed by Cora, he lost all rationality and forcefully
pushed Cora into the ladies’ restroom…
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower ) Chapter 72
Chapter 72 Why Not?
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.