Chapter 64 Was That for Her?
“Who sent this anklet?”
Byron lit a cigarette, and his deep eyes were still looking at the anklet on the
The smell of his smoke was not unpleasant and even had a deceptive taste.
“It was sent by the Sheldon family. It is said that it is Mrs. Sheldon’s work. The
ruby was also bought from an auction not long ago.”
Jane’s heart beat even faster.
Apart from the fact that this was the first time Byron had spoken so many words
to her in private, it was also because she felt that he had praised her fair feet just
“Mrs. Sheldon?” Byron remembered that she was a genius designer, but her
family was not short of money, so her works were mostly not mass-produced,
and occasionally there would be some limited ones.
“Does it say that this is the only one in the world?” There was a lot of
introductions about this anklet, which took up several pages, and Byron didn’t
bother to read it.
“Yes, it is said that Mrs. Sheldon did it all by herself, from the design to the
polishing of the gemstones. This is the only piece in the world which has the
meaning of being one and only.”
Jane liked this anklet quite a lot before and wanted to buy it herself.
But now, seeing Byron asked about the anklet in detail, she felt that Byron would
definitely get this anklet and give it to her later.
In fact, she was a little nervous when she found out that he had another woman.
But thinking about it now, he was such an amazing man, and it would be
abnormal if there was no woman around him.
As long as they got married, his energy could be vented on her, and he would
definitely not have the energy to find other women in the future.
Now that he even took the initiative to give her an anklet, the anger that was pent
up in her heart suddenly dissipated and turned into full of anticipation.
Byron tapped the armrest with his long fingers, and his eyes silently searched for
something in the banquet hall.
“Well, it’s really nice. It’s much better than the mass-produced brands that only
focus on fake advertisement.”
Jane seemed to be calmly discussing the anklet with Byron, but in fact, her heart
was about to jump into her throat.
Byron liked the meaning of this anklet. If he got it and gave it to her, wouldn’t it be
the same as a promise to her in disguise that she would be the only woman in his
In the excitement and anticipation of Jane, it was time for the auction.
After a few paintings, it was the anklet.
Seeing Byron remain indifferent after several people shouted prices one after
another, Jane was a little suspicious of what she had just thought and even
planned to bid by herself.
Fortunately, at this moment, Byron gave Carter a glance.
Carter understood. “2.5 million dollars.”
Now, those who were actively participating in the auction just now looked at the
corner where Byron was in astonishment and then consciously gave up the idea
of participating in the auction.
Byron directly added 1.6 million dollars to the price they had offered.
It was even more because he was afraid of offending Byron. After all, Byron was
the new patriarch of the Hansen family, which was the head of the four prominent
families in New York, and no one wanted to offend this man.
Soon, the auctioneer closed the bid. “Congratulations to Mr. Hansen.”
Byron nodded slightly and asked Carter to pay for the anklet.
When Carter got up, a lady in a lavender dress came to Byron’s side with a glass
of wine. “Byron, thank you so much for your support tonight.”
“You’re welcome.” Byron clinked glasses with her and took a sip.
Most people would automatically look a little less powerful in front of the elders,
but Byron wouldn’t. He was neither humble nor overbearing and kept his
The lady smiled, patted Jane’s hand, and said, “Take good care of Byron, okay?”
Jane gently held the lady’s hand. “Mom, don’t worry.”
This lady was Sara Yoris, Jane’s mother.
She came over to thank Byron for bidding for the anklet, not only wanting to
express her gratitude to the Hansen family for donating a lot of items to the event
tonight but also because she knew Jane liked this anklet.
Now that this anklet was taken by Byron. It was obvious that he got it for Jane.
Sara had always liked Byron. On the one hand, it was because of the Hansen
family’s state in New York. On the other hand, Byron’s personal ability was not
bad. It was not an exaggeration to say that he was the dream lover of thousands
of girls in New York.
They always hoped that Byron and Jane would settle down as soon as possible,
but they were also afraid that Byron would be taken away.
However, tonight, Byron bought Jane’s favorite anklet to give her, which could be
regarded as a reassurance for them.
“Then I’ll leave you two alone.” After the two exchanged joy in their eyes, Sara
returned to her seat.
But what she didn’t expect was that shortly after she left, Carter brought back the
anklet, but Byron took it and put it directly in his trouser pocket.
Jane was confused. Shouldn’t he give it directly to her?
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower) Chapter 64
Chapter 64 Was That for Her?
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.