Chapter 63 Did He Praise Her?
“Miss Lane, may I have a dance with you?”
Cora and Harry both turned their heads and saw Carter standing beside them.
Under the black glasses frame, his poker face was as expressionless as ever.
“Did Byron ask you to come?” Harry only glanced at Carter and then looked up at
Byron, who was at the bar area.
He was holding a wine glass and chatting with several people, including Jane’s
But most of the time, those few people were talking, and Byron only responded
Maybe their gazes were too obvious, and Byron suddenly glanced over.
There was a little alienation and indifference in his deep eyes. When his eyes
met Harry, they were a little more piercing.
Harry met his gaze. Even if Carter didn’t respond to him, he knew the answer.
“Okay. You can dance with Cora first, and I’ll talk to Byron.”
Harry also deliberately shook the phone to Cora. “Cora, feel free to contact me
anytime if you change your mind.”
Cora didn’t respond and just smiled.
As soon as Harry left, she smiled apologetically, “Carter, I’m sorry. I have to go to
the ladies’ room.”
She had never been someone who could be manipulated by others easily.
“It’s okay.” Carter actually didn’t want to dance with Cora, but someone’s
possessiveness was so strong that he didn’t want to see Cora and Harry dance
together, so he asked Carter to come over.
But Carter also knew that at this time, whoever danced with Cora would not end
well, including Carter himself.
However, Cora was very smart and resolved the embarrassment between the
two of them just right.
In the men’s bathroom, Harry followed Byron as soon as he came in.
“Byron, I just want to help you take care of the mess quickly. Are you angry?”
Two men with the same outstanding aura stood in front of the sink and washed
their hands. Harry observed Byron’s expression through the mirror.
But Byron didn’t express any expression from the beginning to the end, let alone
look at Harry.
“You seem to have too much time recently?”
“Well… It’s not that you don’t know the situation of my father. He keeps saying
that he is handing over the Cross Group to me, but in fact, he is still afraid that I’ll
ruin the foundation of our family. He just sits at the company’s headquarters
every day and does everything himself.”
So, Harry still only needed to manage his company of internet celebrities every
Seeing that Byron was about to leave after washing his hands, Harry chased
“By the way, the Yoris family just asked you about the wedding, right? When is
the date? Will it be held at the end of the year?”
Byron didn’t answer his questions. “It seems that you really have too much time,
and I should ask your father to arrange a few blind dates for you.”
Harry was dumbfounded.
Even if he had too much time, what did it have anything to do with blind dates?
Just as he was about to catch up and ask Byron, his eyes were suddenly
Byron continued to walk forward, but he didn’t know the horrifying scene of Harry
being dragged into the bathroom with a sack bag over his head.
When Byron returned to the hall, Jane was looking at the brochure of today’s
“This pair of earrings is pretty good, but what I like the most is this anklet. Look at
the ruby on it. It’s so delicate and charming, and it really satisfies every girl’s
Byron actually didn’t like these things. Apart from being invited, he came to this
charity auction only because his father’s birthday was coming, so he came here
to get a piece of antique for his father.
He was not interested in other auction items, but Jane enthusiastically handed
the brochure in front of him. “Byron, what do you think?”
Byron glanced impatiently at the anklet on the brochure and then suddenly froze.
The anklet was rose gold, and the ruby was made into pendants of different
lengths. On the fair-skinned feet of the model, it looked delicate and charming.
However, Byron felt that putting this anklet on this model’s feet was a waste.
He knew someone who had fairer feet than the model, and she would definitely
make the anklet look its best.
Seeing that it was rare for Byron to look at the thing she liked so intently, Jane
couldn’t help asking, “Byron?”
“It should look good on people with fair feet.”
Jane was surprised and turned to look at Byron, only to see that he was still
staring intently at the anklet on the brochure. His jawline was slightly tense, and
his slightly protruding Adam’s apple looked very hot.
The hotness on her face instantly spread to her neck, and even her ankle
seemed to be burning. She couldn’t help shrinking back.
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower) Chapter 63
Chapter 63 Did He Praise Her?
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.