Chapter 56 Persuasion
After lunch, Cora declined Byron to drive her back. She hailed a taxi and left.
Looking at her enchanting figure, Harry took out a cigarette case and handed one cigarette to Byron. “Byron, let’s go to
Perpetual Daylight to relax at night. Jane will come over tonight.”
After Jane and Byron got into a little quarrel because Harry didn’t say hello to her last time, Harry always felt guilty about it
and wanted to make up for Jane, so he made the party tonight.
“I have something to do at night.” Byron took the cigarette and lit it, then walked towards his car.
There were still a lot of problems left over from the problematic project of the Hansen Group last time. He had to rush
back to deal with them.
Harry threw his car keys to his girlfriend and let her drive back by herself. Then, he sat in Byron’s pa*senger seat. “What’s
the matter? Do you still want to have a date with Cora after dusk?”
Byron rolled down the car window to let the fresh air in and blow away the smoke.
“It’s not your business.” Byron held the steering wheel with one hand and looked at the road ahead. Harry still heard the
impatient in his voice.
“Yeah. It’s none of my business. But so many people in the Hansen family are staring at you. They expect you to get down
from that position.”
Byron was Osborn’s youngest son. In the eyes of his elder brothers, he was able to inherit the Hansen Group because of
Osborn’s preference. On the surface, they were all amiable. But in their hearts, they were planning how to replace Byron
and take over his position in the Hansen Group.
So, the wife Byron needed was someone like Jane, who could help him in his business. Cora was a burden to him.
Harry had always believed that Byron chose Cora because Jane was abroad. Byron had no choice but to find Cora as a
But today, after witnessing Byron eat the steak with added sugar, Harry was not sure who the substitute was, so he had to
remind Byron in advance.
But Byron didn’t respond to him. He kept smoking.
The two were silent all the way until the car arrived at Harry’s Internet celebrity company. Harry stubbed out the cigarette
butt and said, “It’s fine to let Cora be your mistress, but she is not suitable to be your wife. Byron, think about it carefully.”
Byron didn’t respond. He stepped on the accelerator and left.
But at night, he went to the party.
“Byron, you are here. Jane, make room for him.”
In Harry’s eyes, Byron changed his mind and appeared at the party with Jane here, meaning he listened to his words.
Jane sat aside and greeted Byron with a smile after he sat down, “Byron.”
Byron slightly nodded to her and began to drink and talk with others about the business partners.
In short, the atmosphere at this party was quite harmonious.
Cora received a message from Byron: [I won’t be at your home tonight.]
Cora called Sally and asked her to come to her LO apartment. She ordered two large portions of fried chicken takeaways.
Sally came with two dozen beers.
When Cora opened the door and let her enter the house, Sally kept looking around.
“Is Mr. Pope here? Does he think I’ve affected his activity tonight?”
The word “activity” referred to something else.
Cora flushed instantly. “Don’t talk nonsense. He won’t be here tonight.”
Of course, she referred to Byron.
“You have some snacks first, and I’ll reheat the fried chicken.”
Sally left the hospital late tonight. The fried chicken was cold.
When Cora put the fried chicken into the microwave, Sally exclaimed in her bedroom.
“Wow, Mr. Pope looks quite frugal, but his shirts and trousers are slap-up.”
Actually, Sally just wanted to see if there were enough clothes for Cora’s recent change. If not, she would take her to the
mall and buy some clothes on the rest day. But she didn’t expect to see Carter’s clothes in the closet.
They were all private custom luxury brands, and each shirt cost at least thousands of dollars.
The dozens of shirts and trousers in the closet were like a pile of glittering gold.
But she remembered that when she caught a glimpse of Carter, the brand of his suit was not this.
“Don’t look. The fried chicken is ready.” Cora was worried that Sally would see the clue, so she hurried into the bedroom
and led her out.
Sally didn’t overthink. She just thought it was a man’s vanity at work.
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower ) Chapter 56
Chapter 56 Persuasion
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial a*sistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial a*sistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.