Chapter 55 You’ve Made Cora Cry
“Are you done with your work?”
When Cora sat down, Byron asked her with seeming indifference.
The victory made Cora couldn’t help smiling. She introduced to Byron, “The red wine steak in this restaurant is good…”
Considering that it was very likely that she needed Byron’s help, the restaurant that Cora booked was of her previous
living standard. The restaurant had a quiet environment and excellent service, and the dishes were also delicious.
“Then let me taste the red wine steak.”
Cora told the waiter, “Two red wine steaks.”
But when the waiter was about to leave, Byron suddenly stopped the waiter. “Remind the chief to put some sugar when
frying the steak, just a little.”
Cora was slightly surprised. “Do you also like steak with sugar?”
The matter was perfectly resolved. Cora’s mood improved, and she even talked a little more.
“I also like to put a little sugar in steak. My brother said it would ruin the original flavor of the beef. But I like it.”
Gabe was Cora’s elder brother. Cora mentioned him, thinking of how much he had suffered in jail. Her expression turned
depressed a lot.
Byron saw through her depressed expression. He suddenly said, “I’ve inquired about Gabe’s affairs. He should be
“Really?” Cora never expected to get news about Gabe from Byron.
“When did I lie to you?”
“But didn’t the police say he might be sentenced to a few years?”
After the police arrested Gabe, Cora could only see him once a month.
She learned about everything related to him from his lawyer.
But she didn’t understand why what the lawyer said differed from Byron’s.
Byron said, “He won’t be sentenced. Don’t worry. He will come out at the end of next month at the most.”
That was because he gave Gabe a financial guarantee.
But he didn’t intend to tell Cora about this because he thought it was not worth mentioning, just like he called an executive
of the First Hospital this morning and asked him to inform Jane to remove the punishment for Cora.
“That’s great! Thank you, Byron! Thank you for telling me this…”
As long as Gabe was released, her family would reunite.
When she was crying joyfully, Harry walked over ostentatiously with his new girlfriend.
“Hey, Byron! Why didn’t you call me when you had lunch with Cora?”
Harry wore purple shirt and white trousers. He glanced at Cora’s hot figure, which was embellished in the knitted dress,
and suddenly felt that his new girlfriend was so ordinary.
Cora was quietly wiping away tears. She slightly nodded to Harry to greet him.
“Why should I call you?” Byron gave Harry a cold look.
“More people can have more fun.” Harry took his seat and signaled his new girlfriend to sit beside Cora.
Only then did he say, “Byron, don’t you mind sharing tables?”
“I mind it.”
“Are you worried I will know you’ve made Cora cry?”
Seeing Cora secretly wiping tears, Harry thought Byron proposed to break up with her.
Because every month, when Harry proposed to break up with his girlfriends, they always liked to cry and wanted to keep
“Actually, it is not a big deal. A woman cries because the money you give is not enough. If you give her enough money,
Harry stared at Cora’s beautiful and charming face, and he became more and more excited.
If Byron broke up with Cora, Harry would immediately pursue her and let her become her new girlfriend. He would hug her
a few nights first.
But before Harry finished speaking, Byron interrupted him coldly, “Do you want the land development rights in the north of
Harry knew Byron well. He knew that Byron was angry. If he continued to speak, Byron might cancel the Cross Group’s
development rights in the north of New York. So he stopped immediately.
“Byron, don’t be angry. I’m just joking!” Harry laughed.
If Byron broke up with Cora, he would pursue her immediately.
And Jane was no need to target Cora anymore.
Harry called the waiter and ordered two sets of meals.
While waiting for the meal, the red wine steaks that Byron and Cora had ordered before were served.
Cora received a lot of good news and was in a good mood.
After wiping away her tears and saying hello to Harry and his girlfriend, she ate the steak with relish and even said, “It’s
delicious. Byron, I didn’t expect you also like steak with added sugar…”
Byron smiled but didn’t speak.
Harry looked back and forth between the two of them.
As Byron’s good friend, he knew well that Byron didn’t have the habit of adding sugar to steak!
So, Byron didn’t intend to break up with Cora but fell into the whirlpool of this love!
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower ) Chapter 55
Chapter 55 You’ve Made Cora Cry
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.