Chapter 31 His Help
Lydia, Eason, and even Mia were a little puzzled, but soon, they thought that
Byron wanted to help them.
Although Byron also helped Cora before, they still believed that Byron would not
embarrass them on such an important occasion. After all, they were a family.
So, they all scrambled to complain to Byron.
“Yes, Uncle Byron. She pushed me, slapped me, and now put all the blame on
me,” Mia said first.
Lydia followed and said, “Byron, I’m sorry. This is Eason’s ex-girlfriend. Maybe
she feels angry, so she came here today, but she is too much. I think we should
call the police and let her stay in prison for a few days as a lesson for her.”
Eason didn’t say anything. He didn’t want Cora to go to jail, but he also thought
that Cora went too far to beat them up today, and she should be punished.
Byron didn’t respond to Mia or Lydia.
Cora realized that Byron was asking her.
He had been looking at her since a moment ago.
Surprised for a moment, Cora nodded.
She needed help now. Otherwise, she would not be able to leave here safely,
and Sally might be involved.
So, she should tell Byron directly.
After seeing her nodding, Byron nodded slightly.
He said, “It’s not you that I will help. You played tricks and framed others. I will
feel ashamed if I help you.”
His voice was not loud, but the intimidating force made people present
frightened, and they unconsciously focused their eyes on him.
Cora also looked at him.
As she raised her head to look at Byron in astonishment, she realized that his
gaze fell on Mia coldly.
In other words, Byron really started to help her.
But she was angry at him just now, and he should be angry with her.
Therefore, although Cora had nodded and acknowledged that she needed help
earlier, she hadn’t expected Byron to genuinely assist her.
But Byron really helped her.
“Uncle Byron, I know you don’t like me, but Eason and I have had our child. You
can’t be so cruel and let others bully me just to separate us,” Mia said.
It took her a moment to comprehend that Byron was not assisting her, leaving her
feeling somewhat bewildered.
But she had played all the time, and she couldn’t give up halfway.
Otherwise, she would fail to ruin Eason and Cora’s future, and her engagement
banquet would also become a joke.
She made witty remarks, saying the fact that Byron didn’t like her in front of
everyone, and she made it clear that what Byron said just now was not helping
Cora, but just trying to separate her and Eason.
Her clever words made the people who were looking at her just now turn their
eyes to Byron.
Even Lydia, who frowned at her just now, took the initiative to persuade Byron.
She said, “Byron, let Eason and Mia decide for themselves. After all, it’s their own
life. Although we are elders, we can’t decide their life. It’s better not to intervene
too much in their affairs. Besides, even if you appreciate Carter, there is no need
to help him in everything.”
Lydia was afraid of Byron. Strictly speaking, her surname ‘Hansen’ was merely
an honorary one bestowed by the Hansen family, which fundamentally differed
from Byron’s surname.
But Mia was now pregnant with Eason’s child, and she was a member of the
If Byron turned against her in public, it was equivalent to turning against the
Patton family, and even she would lose face.
She had to stand by Mia’s side and deal with this matter well. Therefore, she tried
her best to attribute Byron’s move to his appreciation of Carter to avoid the
matter from being serious.
However, Byron just glanced at her coldly and said, “You know that we can’t
decide their life, so why did you say that to me just now? Since you can do this
for your son and future daughter-in-law, why can’t I do it for someone I admire?”
Lydia didn’t know how to refute for a while. Her words and deeds were indeed
inconsistent just now, and she was also afraid of Byron’s aura.
People around looked at Carter with ulterior motives. They were surprised that
Byron attached importance to him.
Carter calmly adjusted his glasses because he knew that the person Byron
admired was not him.
Byron said, “I think no one is more ruthless than you in this world. After all, not
everyone can sacrifice their own child in order to frame others.”
He ignored the gazes of the others and looked at Mia.
Mia said, “Uncle Byron, it is a fact that Cora pushed me and slapped me just
now. She is Eason’s ex-girlfriend, and she wants to reconcile with him. Knowing
that I am pregnant with Eason’s child and going to be engaged to him, she tried
every means to get this engagement ruined.”
Mia had a knack for framing others.
But when she finished speaking, Byron sneered coldly.
He said, “If she wanted to ruin this engagement, she wouldn’t have slapped
Eason and let him not betray you when he wanted to cancel the engagement…”
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower) Chapter 31
Chapter 31 His Help
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.