Chapter 27 Angry with Him
Carter led Cora to an exclusive lounge, which had been specially built according to Byron’s preferences, as the banquet
hall for this engagement party was also one of his properties.
With a little more thought, one should be able to deduce the connection between Cora and Byron. Unfortunately, Eason
and the others believed that it was simply Carter overstepping his authority by using Byron’s lounge. They believed that
Byron and Cora, coming from completely different worlds, would never cross paths.
“I’m not going in. My friend is still waiting for me,” Cora a*serted.
“Mr. Hansen is inside,” Carter said.
Cora frowned. She really wanted to ask, ‘So?!’ But before she could utter a word, Carter pushed open the door.
Cora’s gaze landed on the man sitting in the innermost part of the lounge. Byron was dressed in a black suit, blending
seamlessly with the room’s black decor.
As he smoked, the cigarette between his fingers emitted a flickering glow, adding to his deep and cold aura. His piercing
eyes fixated on Cora’s feet.
Recalling the indifference on Byron’s face in the hall, Cora had no desire to subject herself to further humiliation.
“Mr. Hansen, I’m going back, I—”
Before she could finish speaking, Byron extinguished his cigarette and approached her, putting his arms around her waist.
The faint scent of aftershave mixed with tobacco instantly surrounded Cora, causing her nose to inexplicably sting.
Though she disliked physical contact like this, she couldn’t deny the allure of Byron’s aura, which curiously put her at
Before Cora could fully regain her composure, Byron’s voice resonated from above her head. “Mhm, it’s better for you to
go back. You shouldn’t have come here.”
Byron’s voice was lower and gentler, a stark contrast to his usual demeanor. People would probably never believe that
Byron could speak to a woman in such a soft tone. Yet, Byron couldn’t figure out how his words could have angered Cora.
The woman who had obediently stayed in his embrace moments ago suddenly pushed him away with all her strength, her
voice filled with resentment. “Yes, indeed, I shouldn’t have come to this place. There’s no need to humiliate myself here!”
Cora was almost hysterical. She resembled a cat with its fur standing on end, ready to fight anyone who crossed her path.
Yet she was well aware that Byron was not someone she could afford to offend. Thus, without waiting for Byron’s
response, Cora swiftly exited the lounge and returned to the banquet hall.
The engagement party was about to commence, and nearly all the guests had arrived.
As Cora gracefully pa*sed through the crowd, making her way to Sally, she became a living embodiment of a goddess in
the eyes of men. Their exclaims of admiration filled the air, while even the women who had surrounded Mia showered
Cora with praise.
“That must be a runaway princess from a fairytale book!”
“I wonder who did her plastic surgery? They removed her angel wings flawlessly!”
“A face like hers could have secured 300 years of peace if she had been born in ancient times!”
The praises kept pouring in, as if everyone had forgotten how they had previously flattered Mia, who couldn’t help but feel
that the praises for her were insincere.
Whenever Cora appeared, all eyes were drawn to her. ‘Even on my engagement day, that bi ch manages to steal all the
attention that should rightfully be mine!’ Mia was furious.
She felt even more aggrieved when she thought of how Eason wouldn’t let her speak ill of Cora when she told him about
Cora’s relationship with Carter.
At that moment, Mia really just wanted to break up with Eason.
However, as she recalled the years she had spent pursuing Eason, despite all the ridicule, Mia gritted her teeth and
resolved to carry on. After all, she had worked tirelessly for so long to replace Cora and officially stand by Eason’s side.
Mia clung to her determination, firmly believing that once today’s event concluded, she would rid herself of Cora
Neither Cora nor Sally noticed the hatred in Mia’s eyes.
Sally couldn’t wait to gossip with Cora. “How did it go? Did Eason regret it?”
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower ) Chapter 27
Chapter 27 Angry with Him
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial a*sistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial a*sistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.