Chapter 24 His Indifference
In the banquet hall, Byron stood out amongst the crowd in his usual suit and
leather shoes, engaging in conversations with several important figures.
It wasn’t just his striking appearance that captured people’s attention, but also his
extraordinary aura and demeanor.
Cora couldn’t help but focus her gaze on Byron, and it seemed that he noticed it
too. Catching her off guard, he turned around and met her eyes.
Cora felt a mix of nervousness and excitement. Thoughts of the shoes he had
given her yesterday left her unsure of how she should greet him.
Yet Byron showed no intention of greeting her whatsoever. He had already
shifted his gaze away, continuing his conversations as if Cora were a stranger to
The indifference in his demeanor pierced Cora’s heart, leaving her feeling
‘Of course.’ Cora thought, ‘Even my ex avoids me, why would Byron have any
interest in me?’
It was absurd that despite knowing this, she had allowed herself to entertain
fantasies about him harboring feelings for her.
The realization left Cora feeling embarrassed. She looked away quickly.
“Cora, come on! Don’t be shy,” Sally urged, unaware that Cora looked away
because she was disappointed by Byron’s indifference, not shy.
Sally believed that if Carter could disregard his connection to Byron and help
Cora in the store the other day, even at the risk of offending Byron’s families-tobe, then he must be very serious with his relationship with Cora.
Yet, Cora began to regret coming to this party. Her decision to come wasn’t solely
influenced by Sally’s persuasions but also her own desire to see Byron.
Although Cora didn’t know what to say or do after seeing him, she had been
thinking about it ever since she received the shoes yesterday.
Now, those thoughts had been shattered entirely, leaving Cora with a strong
desire to walk away. “Sally, I…” she began, wanting to tell her that she would like
But just then, a male voice came from behind her, tinged with pity. “Cora, why are
Cora turned around and saw a range of emotions in Eason’s eyes.
He looked more handsome than she had imagined in his black tuxedo, exuding
nobility and sophistication.
Cora felt a bit dazed, unsure if it was Eason’s well-groomed appearance or
Byron’s indifference that affected her.
Sally, not wanting Cora to be at a disadvantage, quickly interjected, “We’re here
to attend your engagement party, Mr. Patton. You invited her, remember?”
“Me?” Eason looked confused. Of course he didn’t invite Cora, knowing how
much Cora would be disgusted.
But he soon realized it must have been Mia’s doing. While aware of her motives,
Eason had no choice but to brace himself and host the event.
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower) Chapter 24
Chapter 24 His Indifference
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.