Chapter 25 On the Edge
“Hey, look at that… I know Cora is a beauty, but she’s really hot in that dress.”
Hearing Harry’s remark, Byron shifted his cold gaze from Sally to Cora’s
departing figure alongside Eason.
His eyes first fell upon Cora’s feet, adorned in champagne-colored high heels.
Her slender and dazzling ankles led to her beautiful legs.
But Byron’s attention quickly shifted when he noticed Eason tightly holding Cora’s
Harry couldn’t help but comment again, “Looks like my Cousin Mia’s engagement
party is on the edge. She wasn’t attractive to begin with, and now compared to
Cora, ouch… With that dress Cora’s wearing, we all know what Eason’s gonna
do to her…”
Harry suddenly felt the atmosphere freeze around him. He turned to face Byron’s
Only then did Harry recall that Byron and his nephew’s ex-girlfriend also had
something going on.
“Well, your nephew’s ex is clearly here to win him back today. You should let her
go! You can always find another hot chick.”
Without the glorification of the identities of a young lady from a good family and
being Eason’s fiancée, Cora was nothing more than a hot plaything in Harry’s
eyes, especially since he knew that Cora had been involved with both Eason and
But Harry’s carefree tone was short-lived. Byron sternly warned, “Mind your
words. I can teach you manners if your parents didn’t bother.”
Byron’s voice cut through the air like an icy snowstorm. Stunned, Harry
exclaimed, “Hey! How could you treat me like this for that woman? Jane will be
here soon, mind you!”
Harry believed that Byron was merely playing with Cora, considering Jane the
perfect match for him, and that Cora’s resemblance to Jane, both being medical
professionals, might be the reason why Byron sought solace in Cora as a
substitute while Jane was away.
Byron’s displeasure had been evident when Cora left with Eason earlier. But it
was likely due to his possessive nature, which Harry assumed would fade with
Yet to his mention of Jane, Byron simply replied, “So what?”
In a corridor outside the banquet hall, Eason led Cora away, his grip firm on her
hand. Cora tried her best to shake off his hold.
Eason looked at the woman he used to adore and said with a hoarse voice,
“Cora, we can’t get back together. Don’t waste your time. Don’t embarrass
Cora scoffed. “Embarrass myself how? I didn’t come here to win you back. Don’t
flatter yourself!” She hadn’t realized Eason could be so narcissistic.
Eason pressed on, “Then why did you spread rumors about you and Carter?”
Cora’s expression momentarily froze. She truly had no relationship with Carter
and felt guilty for getting him involved in this mess.
But in Eason’s eyes, her reaction seemed like a confirmation of her relationship
When Mia told him about it last night, Eason didn’t believe it because he knew
how hard it was to win Cora’s heart.
Yet now seeing her attitude at the mention of Carter…
“Cora, you know the Pope family’s influence surpasses ours, and their biases
regarding social status are no less harsh than ours.”
“That’s not your concern,” retorted Cora. In truth, the biases based on social
status were merely excuses for Eason’s cowardice, his unwillingness to defy his
mother, and his preference for the wealthy while shunning the poor.
Eason’s eyes burned with desire as he continued, “You know, Cora, there’s still a
way to maintain your previous lifestyle without demeaning yourself.”
Cora frowned, not saying anything.
“Be with me, and I will cover your mother’s medical expenses and ensure you a
carefree life, just like before.”
Whether it was due to Cora’s association with Carter or her exquisite appearance
today, Eason’s desire for her was ignited.
Cora couldn’t believe what she had heard, “You want me to be your side piece?”
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower) Chapter 25
Chapter 25 On the Edge
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.