Chapter 23 Best Gift
“I didn’t buy these. Can you return them for me?” Cora was not comfortable with
receiving free gifts, not to mention how expensive these shoes were.
The shopping assistant appeared embarrassed as she replied, “Miss Lane, some
of these limited editions were sourced from nearby stores, and it took us
considerable effort to gather them. If you don’t wish to keep them, could you
please consult with Mr. Pope first?”
Cora could sympathize with the shopping assistant and didn’t want to make
things difficult for her. Reluctantly, she signed for the shoes and sent Byron a
photo of them.
[Mr. Hansen, are these part of my service fee for that night?]
To Cora’s surprise, Byron immediately started a video call after the message was
Cora hesitated for a moment, but eventually decided to pick it up.
Byron’s face showed up clearly on the screen, a sight she never tired of. The
lighting was dim, and he held a glass of wine, likely at a social gathering.
Byron’s expression seemed more relaxed than usual, maybe under the effect of
His cold and sharp features softened slightly, giving him a somewhat lazy allure.
Cora avoided her gaze as memories of their intimate moments flooded her mind.
“I don’t care what you think about the shoes, but I’ve already gifted them, they’re
yours,” Byron said, his tone carrying an underlying authority that compelled
Cora attempted to interject, but Byron swiftly added, “I’m not yet free tonight. I’ll
see you tomorrow.”
Cora felt perplexed as she raised her gaze, only to be met with a smile in Byron’s
She wanted to ask him why he had been seeking her out and gifting her those
Was it because he wanted to sleep with her again? Or was it because…?
Indeed, Byron had been supportive and generous, arousing a faint expectancy
within Cora’s otherwise desolate heart.
Yet, before she could voice her doubts, Byron ended the video call, leaving her
yearning for answers.
The anticipation surrounding Byron’s intentions quickly dissipated upon their
encounter at the engagement party the following day.
Cora rushed from the hospital, hastily applying lipstick and eyeliner as Sally
pulled her along.
“I’m her plus one.” At the banquet hall entrance, Sally showed the receptionist the
gift bag she had prepared.
“Thank you. Please sign here and leave the gift here,” the receptionist instructed.
With the formalities taken care of, Sally and Cora entered the venue.
“You bought them a gift?” Cora whispered, totally surprised.
“Oh yeah, something special.”
Sally grinned mischievously, “A pair of customized voodoo dolls. I hope they have
a miserable life and never harm you again.”
Cora was speechless, felt both grateful and shocked. But she did find solace in
Sally’s unique way of handling this situation.
Suddenly, Sally tugged at her arm and whispered, “Look, Mr. Pope! Go say hi.”
Cora’s heart skipped a beat. Not because of Carter himself, but because she
knew Byron would be there with him.
Following Sally’s gaze, Cora’s eyes landed on Byron, standing next to Carter.
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower) Chapter 23
Chapter 23 Best Gift
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.