Chapter 22 His Questions
However, there was no sign of Byron’s car outside. Jane did notice a car she
didn’t know, but she couldn’t be sure if Byron was inside, as the dark-tinted
windows were tightly closed.
Eventually, Jane figured that Byron wouldn’t be in that car. If he were, why would
Carter have stepped out to handle his personal matters? He should be staying
with his boss.
Jane withdrew her gaze, feeling a tinge of disappointment.
Meanwhile, the shopping assistant had already processed the payment and
handed the receipt and card to Carter. “Thank you very much, sir.”
Carter nodded slightly at Cora before walking out of the store.
Cora contemplated whether she should catch up with Carter and return the
shoes to him. Just then, Mia approached, “Are you with Carter? Does Eason
know about this?”
“It’s none of Eason’s business who I’m with. Nor your business. Stay out of it,”
Cora retorted, but didn’t answer clearly who she was really with.
Yet, in Mia’s eyes, Cora’s response seemed to confirm her relationship with
“I wondered why you agreed to break up with Eason so easily! Turns out, you’ve
already found someone else,” Mia sneered.
“I’m not shameless, unlike you,” Cora calmly replied.
“Who’s shameless?!” Mia grew angry and rushed forward.
Cora dodged aside, “You heard me.”
Seeing the conflict about to escalate in public, Jane quickly intervened, grabbing
Mia. “We should go! You have a skincare appointment, remember? Didn’t you
want to be the most beautiful bride-to-be?”
Jane offered an apologetic smile to Cora and Sally before turning around and
taking Mia away.
“You handled that well, Cora! I’m proud of you,” Sally praised, making faces at
the retreating figures of Mia and Jane.
Cora awkwardly smiled. In truth, she never liked engaging in arguments, and her
parents didn’t approve of it either.
But when pushed to the edge, one had to fight back. Besides, Mia had found
trouble with her way too many times, and she couldn’t tolerate it any longer.
Perhaps attending Mia’s engagement party was the right move. Cora had been
avoiding Mia and Eason, making herself an easy target for their mistreatment.
“I really don’t understand why Jane could be Mia’s friend,” Sally muttered, looking
at Jane’s back.
Indeed, Jane looked charming and gentle. She was also a medical professional,
which easily won Sally’s favor.
But Cora felt that Jane wasn’t as nice and harmless as she might look. Although
she hadn’t participated in the conflict just now, her eyes and the way she
emphasized the words ‘bride-to-be’ when she took Mia away felt like a taunt
aimed at Cora.
Perhaps due to her recent experiences, Cora had become more cautious in
everything and couldn’t be as naive as Sally.
“Let’s go,” she didn’t address Sally’s comment.
Shortly after they left the shoe store, Sally was called by the gynecologist on duty
for assistance, and Cora returned to her apartment.
After some hesitation, Cora sent Byron a text message.
[Thank you, Mr. Hansen. I’ll pay you back for the shoes when I have the money.]
She thought that as busy as Byron, he wouldn’t have time to respond to her
message. But Byron replied almost immediately.
[Do you like that brand?]
Confused, Cora replied with a question mark. Whether she liked that brand or
not, she couldn’t afford them now, and it had nothing to do with Byron.
However, this time her message received no response. Cora didn’t dwell on it
and started to flip through books related to cardiac surgery.
About an hour later, her doorbell rang. When Cora opened the door, she found
the shopping assistant from earlier and her colleagues carrying over a dozen
boxes, with many more on the ground.
“Miss Lane, these are all limited edition shoes from our brand.”
Cora was bewildered. “I didn’t buy these…”
“Mr. Pope asked us to deliver them.”
Cora was stunned on the spot. She finally understood why Byron had asked her
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower) Chapter 22
Chapter 22 His Questions
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.