Chapter 21 It’s Byron
Cora’s gaze shot up in shock as she saw Carter standing before her, still wearing
his poker face.
She remembered what Byron had mentioned during their video call about
returning on Saturday.
Personally, Cora had nothing to do with Carter, and Carter didn’t seem like
someone who would meddle. Byron must have sent him here.
Cora quickly glanced outside the store, and there, in a car across the road, she
spotted Byron sitting in the back seat, observing her through the window.
Under the dim lighting, his presence seemed meticulously sculpted. When their
eyes met, Cora felt her heart race uncontrollably.
Having faced several instances of mistreatment since her downfall, even her
former lover choosing to remain indifferent, yet Byron had come to her aid
Cora’s heart wasn’t made of stone, and she couldn’t help but feel touched.
But she couldn’t allow this feeling, knowing that with Byron’s status, he could
have any woman he desired. It was impossible for him to fall in love with her.
In a moment of panic, Cora averted her gaze.
Meanwhile, Carter handed over his credit card to the shopping assistant. The
black card caught immediate attention.
“I’ll process the payment for you right away, sir.”
The bank that issued this credit card was one of the businesses under the
Hansen Group, but a black card was said to be the highest level, possessed only
by a few prominent individuals in the country.
Even if the shopping assistant didn’t know who Carter was, she was certain he
was not someone she could afford to offend.
As Carter waited for the transaction to be completed, he nodded in
acknowledgment at Jane. Mia, who stood next to Jane, went unnoticed by him.
But Mia couldn’t bear to watch Carter help Cora out. She took the initiative to
“Carter! What are you doing? This is not appropriate.” Mia was aware that Carter
hailed from one of New York’s four great families and had previously addressed
him as Mr. Pope.
But now, she deliberately used his first name to remind him that he was also
Byron’s assistant, implying that he should be on her side.
Despite her setback with Byron, she still believed she would marry Eason and
become part of the Hansen family. Carter should afford her some respect, no
Unexpectedly, like Byron, Carter didn’t consider Mia as part of the Hansens yet.
“We can talk about that after you get married,” he replied, implying that Mia was
only engaged and not yet a Hansen, therefore lacking the qualification to give
Mia was infuriated. She grabbed Jane, looking at her expectantly for support.
In Mia’s eyes, Jane was Byron’s fiancée, and Carter should surely respect her.
But Jane had her own way of thinking. Seeing how ruthlessly Carter treated Mia,
she decided not to get involved to avoid embarrassment.
On the other hand, Sally had completely forgotten the shock she felt upon seeing
Carter and was now brimming with joy as she nudged Cora.
“Mr. Pope is such a great boyfriend! Arriving just in time to rescue you, how
“No, Sally… Don’t say that.” Cora felt embarrassed. It wouldn’t have been a big
deal if Sally had privately misconstrued their relationship, but with Carter right in
front of them, it was downright awkward.
“Why not? It is romantic!” Sally insisted, her imagination already conjuring up
scenes from all the domineering billionaire novels.
Cora, fearing that Sally might worsen the situation, chose to remain silent. Jane
and Mia didn’t hear the exact words Sally said, but they still somehow grasped
So Cora and Carter were in some kind of relationship? No wonder Carter had
disregarded their connection with Byron and helped Cora!
Jane felt relieved that she hadn’t come to Mia’s defense and annoyed Carter.
Although… ‘It’s only been a few days since the engagement was called off, and
this woman has already found solace in Carter as a backup?’
A hint of disdain flickered in Jane’s eyes as she looked at Cora. Then she thought
of something else. As Byron’s assistant, Carter had always been by his side. If
Carter was here, maybe Byron had returned from his business trip and was
Jane couldn’t help but gaze out of the store in anticipation.
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower) Chapter 21
Chapter 21 It’s Byron
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.