Chapter 128 Full of Lies
“I can’t figure it out. That’s why I ask you, Dr. Lane.”
Just like during the journey here, Jane was very capable of restraining her
Seeing that the car had already turned into the familiar street, Cora asked her
back, “So, you suddenly decided to learn woodcarving to figure out why I became
Sir Yoris’ apprentice. Is that correct, Dr. Yoris?”
Jane did not respond, which could be regarded as acquiescing.
There was no point in denying it. In fact, Cora had already seen through her
motive as early as when she followed Cora to become Gideon’s apprentice.
And because of Jane’s frankness earlier, Cora no longer continued to hide. “If I
say I do this solely for self-protection, will you believe it, Dr. Yoris?”
Jane parked the car under Cora’s apartment and looked at Cora with a puzzled
expression. “Self-protection? What self-protection?”
Although she didn’t like Cora, she still believed her words at this moment.
Cora said, “You should ask your mother about this. She knows it better.”
Then Cora took her bag and pushed open the car door. “Dr, Yoris, I still need to
thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to drive me back.”
At this point, Jane’s mind had started to become a mess.
She couldn’t figure out why this matter was related to her mother.
When she pondered whether she could believe Cora’s words while gripping the
steering wheel, she saw Cora, who had gotten out of the car earlier, knocking on
her car window.
Jane had no choice but to roll down the window.
Cora bent down and said sincerely, “As a reward for driving me home tonight, I
would like to advise you that I have no interest in assisting you. You have to deal
with dirtiness when you learn woodcarving, and it is an exhausting and strenuous
job. There is no need for Dr. Yoris to learn this art just to compete with someone
Jane didn’t think that Cora was persuading her out of kindness, so she just
replied with a smile, “You’re worrying too much, Dr. Lane. I just didn’t wish for my
grandfather to have no one to inherit his skills. Anyway, it’s getting late. You
should go back and rest early, Dr. Lane.”
“Good night, Dr. Yoris,” Cora said before turning around and walking away.
Jane soon started the car and disappeared into the night.
When Cora got inside, Byron was already in the apartment.
“Is this the ruthless thing you meant?” He didn’t turn on the lights, and the room
was a little dim.
However, with the shine of the floor-to-ceiling window, Cora could still see that
Byron was standing by the window and smoking a cigarette.
Under the dim light, his slightly taut lines on the sides of his face as well as his
Adam’s apple that occasionally bobbed up and down became more alluring.
Jane’s car was parked downstairs earlier, and Byron was standing by the floor-toceiling windows, so he must have seen everything, including what he should and
should not have seen.
She didn’t feel guilty about being caught doing something bad and just put the
bag on the cabinet before seductively walking toward Byron.
“Yeah, we have put our affairs under the nose of your fiancée. Are you afraid?”
She didn’t mention the matters of Sara and infiltrating the Yoris family, because
she couldn’t stand it and felt disdainful about it.
Furthermore, she also thought that if Byron was truly siding with Jane or the Yoris
family, he might not be able to accept whatever she might tell him about these
She walked toward him gracefully. Her steps were slow, and each step was
sparking anxiety as if she was lighting a fire in the man’s heart.
Byron simply didn’t wait any longer and brought this delicate flower of his into his
arms in a few steps. He said, “What am I afraid of? I have nothing to do with
Cora didn’t have the mood to act in front of him, so she grabbed the man’s collar
and looked up at him.
“Then, if I do crueler things to your fiancée, will you turn against me?”
Under the dim light, Byron looked down at her.
This woman was not a pure angel. She could be a demon, a charmer, and a
He just wanted to get rid of her at first, but the closer they got, the more he had to
admit that he was addicted to her.
This was not a good sign.
As far as he was concerned, being too greedy for a woman was tantamount to
having a weakness.
But did he really want to go that far for her?
Byron supposed he still needed to think about it.
However, his long silence seemed to have caused the woman in her arms to
misunderstand something, as she quickly let go of his collar and broke free from
his long arms.
“A man’s mouth is truly full of lies. You said that she has nothing to do with you,
yet you started to worry about her the moment I said I wanted to harm her!”
Cora seemed to only turn around and grumble as she pleased.
Only she knew that turning around was just an excuse to conceal the gradually
broken expectation and attachment in her eyes.
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower) Chapter 128
Chapter 128 Full of Lies
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.