Chapter 127 She Has a Partner!
Despite being a new apprentice like Jane, the seniors were all circling Cora
alone, while Jane’s side was practically similar to a deserted land.
However, Jane still didn’t think that she was not popular, or that it was wrong for
her to be cold and aloof.
She assumed that it was probably because those seniors knew that she was the
only girl in the Yoris family and that she had already carried the status of Byron’s
fiancée. That was why they didn’t dare to get close to her.
As for their attraction toward Cora, they probably weren’t genuinely attracted to
her. They must be thinking that Cora was easy to trick, being that she was of an
ordinary family background.
Having such a thought made her feel slightly better.
At the same time, under the seniors’ incessant questioning, Cora replied with a
smile, “I have a boyfriend.”
She seemed to be responding to those seniors, but she was actually looking at
It was because the boyfriend she mentioned was the same person Jane thought
was her fiancé.
However, she didn’t directly refer to Byron as her boyfriend. After all, she was
aware that Byron didn’t consider them to be in a romantic relationship.
When Jane heard Cora’s words and looked at her, she also felt that Cora’s eyes
seemed to contain another meaning.
But she couldn’t figure it out for the time being.
As for the boyfriend Cora mentioned, Jane automatically recalled when Tyler said
that Cora was his girlfriend during Gideon’s birthday banquet, so Jane thought
Cora was talking about Tyler.
After hearing Cora’s straightforward clarification that she had a boyfriend, some
seniors inevitably felt a little disappointed.
“Ah, I knew it. Such a beautiful girl wouldn’t be single.”
But some continued to joke with Cora, “Then do you mind having a hokup?”
Cora couldn’t help laughing. “Guys, stop making fun of me. I can be a two-timer
when I’m unhappy, you know.”
When Jane heard it, she thought it was a bit ridiculous.
After all, the fact that Cora could get along with Carter after she broke up with
Eason was the best evidence that she was a two-timer.
The more she watched the interaction between Cora and those seniors, the more
she perceived that Cora was hypocritical and showing off.
After the ceremony, Arnold assigned a task to them. He gave each of them a
block of wood and a blueprint, asking them to carve out what was on the
blueprint in a week.
The seniors’ blueprints had relatively complicated things drawn in them, but Cora
and Jane were only assigned to create relatively simple and small objects.
“I don’t think you’ll find it difficult, kid,” Arnold said when he handed the blueprint
But when he handed it to Jane, Arnold said, “If you find some difficulties here,
just ask me to help you.”
Jane only started learning today, unlike Cora who had already mastered certain
basic skills, so Arnold’s advice was considered normal.
However, since Jane had an emotional roller coaster today, she could only feel
that Arnold was looking down on her.
Out loud, she replied, “I know.”
But in her heart, she secretly swore that she must produce a more prominent
work than Cora next week.
When the apprenticeship ceremony had thoroughly ended, Arnold worried that it
would not be safe for Cora to go back by car alone, so he suggested his
apprentices drive her home.
But Jane had come up and volunteered herself. “Just let me drive Dr. Lane back.
It’ll be more convenient for us girls.”
No one could refute her suggestion, so Cora got into her car.
On the way back, the two remained silent for a long time. It seemed that they
were holding back from something out of politeness, but in fact, it was a secret
contest between both sides.
It wasn’t until the car almost reached the section of the LO apartment where Cora
lived that Jane finally asked her politely while also restraining herself, “Dr. Lane,
I’m curious as to why you accepted my grandfather’s invitation to be his
“Probably because of passion,” Cora replied with a smile.
No matter how one looked at her smile, they would find a bit of hypocrisy in it.
Jane only looked at Cora through the rearview mirror. “I don’t think it’s because of
“Then what do you think my reason would be, Dr. Yoris?” Cora said, and she
didn’t avert her gaze.
Inside the cramped car, the two girls seemed to inexplicably spark a flame when
they looked at each other through the rearview mirror.
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower) Chapter 127
Chapter 127 She Has a Partner!
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.