Chapter 126 She Is Very Beautiful
Jane’s words surprised almost everyone present, especially Arnold.
He carefully asked, “Jane, are you sure?”
Back then, Arnold very much wished for Jane to inherit his skills.
Ever since he became the successor of the intangible cultural heritage of
woodcarving, Arnold had always hoped that Jane could take some time to learn
Since Jane’s paintings had won her many awards before, and she also had
unique insights about arts, Arnold thought there was no one more suitable than
her to learn woodcarving.
But no matter how many times he had mentioned it to Jane, Jane had always
refused him, so he had no choice but to find someone else to be his apprentice.
Therefore, no one had expected Jane would take the initiative today to mention
that she wanted to learn woodcarving.
Faced with Arnold’s question, Jane replied firmly, “I’m sure. I didn’t want to learn it
before because I thought I couldn’t learn it well, as I am a girl after all. But after I
saw Dr. Lane also came here to learn, I suddenly became very confident. So I
hope Grandpa can also allow me this opportunity to learn.”
For Arnold, this could be considered a joyous event.
After all, Jane was his only granddaughter. And it was true that he favored her
and wanted to pass on his lifelong skills to her.
But the problem was that he also promised Cora to let her be his last apprentice
and pass on his lifelong skills to her.
He was slightly in a dilemma, so he could only turn to look at Cora.
On the contrary, Cora was very calm. “Actually, I don’t mind if Dr. Yoris wants to
learn woodcarving together. But I have promised Sir Yoris before Dr. Yoris does,
so I want to be the senior.”
Everyone could tell that Jane suddenly suggested today that she wanted to learn
woodcarving as Arnold’s apprentice because of Cora.
But she had cleverly found an excuse for herself and concealed her envy
perfectly, so she didn’t mind giving way to Cora, as well as to not embarrass
As for Cora’s suggestion to be Jane’s senior, it was a slight discomfort for Jane.
As expected, Jane didn’t want to regard her as her senior. “No, this won’t do. If
you want to count it like this, my grandpa has asked me since a long time ago if I
want to learn woodcarving with him. If so, then I can be counted as the most
senior out of all of you.”
Her half-joking tone easily resolved the previous awkward atmosphere.
Arnold finally decided. “How about this? Tonight, both of you will attend the
apprenticeship ceremony together, and thus be counted as the most junior
apprentices. The other senior apprentices will regard you as their juniors, so you
have to show some respect to them, while the two of you can treat each other as
Jane seemed to be overly triumphant, but Cora was definitely aware that this was
still a form of Arnold’s favoritism toward Jane.
However, it didn’t matter anymore. The most important thing for her to be Arnold’s
apprentice this time was to put Sara and Jane into a difficult situation by breaking
into the enemy’s territory, so they wouldn’t dare to take action easily. Learning
skills came second.
Cora just smiled and said, “Sir Yoris may decide. I have no objection.”
And next came the apprenticeship ceremony.
Cora and Jane read the apprentice vows in front of Arnold together, and the
woodcarving masters that Arnold had invited to witness the ceremony
congratulated Arnold for gaining two outstanding last apprentices in one day.
Arnold vowed to Cora and Jane, “We surely have to create achievements in the
future, and let that Max know that the Yoris family will never lose to him!”
Truthfully, this was the first time Cora met a woodcarving master, so she didn’t
quite know what Arnold was talking about.
“Max?” Cora asked.
Seeing her bewildered look, a senior who appeared to be slightly older than her
quickly explained to her.
“Cora, you might not know about this, but Max is our teacher’s former senior. But
since the two of them had different views, they regarded each other as a thorn in
the flesh. They wished that their respective apprentices could completely
overshadow the other’s apprentices in the future.”
Cora was just discerning this information when another senior who looked quite
young came up to chat with her.
“Cora, do you have a boyfriend?”
“Dan it, Kevin! That’s what I want to ask Cora! Don’t steal my words!”
Seeing the interaction of these young people, one of the masters that Arnold
invited couldn’t help teasing him, “It seems that the young apprentice you have
accepted is doing well.”
Arnold took the praise for his apprentice as praise for himself. He proudly said,
“This kid is very beautiful, so naturally she will have many suitors.”
Yet, no one knew that this unintended remark had shaken Jane in the soul.
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower) Chapter 126
Chapter 126 She Is Very Beautiful
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.