Chapter 105 Investigation
“So you are angry because of my rejection? Are you going to cut off contact with me?”
Byron finally figured out the whole thing, and suddenly his hostility towards Carter was not so great.
Cora was speechless.
It was true, and she could not deny it.
But even if she didn’t respond clearly, Byron still sneered. “I was really busy last night. Do you think I rejected you on
It was okay if he didn’t say anything, but the more he talked, the more Cora was annoyed.
When looking out of the car window, she happened to see that Byron’s car was parked near her apartment, so she simply
opened the door and got off the car.
She didn’t expect that Byron also opened the door and followed, still holding his clothes.
“What are you following me for?”
Cora felt a bit irritated in early summer.
“Didn’t you invite me to your home to play? I’m here by invitation.”
The man was tall and had long legs, and he walked leisurely beside her.
It was just that when the word “play” was mentioned, Cora caught a glimpse of his jawline tightening slightly, and the halfsmile on his face was even more vicious.
“That was yesterday. I didn’t intend to invite you today. You can go now.”
Cora was almost hysterical.
She couldn’t stand this man who was obviously laughing at her but still looked serious.
But facing her hysteria, Byron didn’t even look at her. He just said, “I’m afraid that if I leave now, someone will think that I
won’t accompany her and get angry and decide to break up with me unilaterally.”
Later, Byron even arrived at the apartment earlier than Cora.
Fortunately, Cora didn’t delete his fingerprints this time, and he opened the door easily.
After Cora followed through the door, he was like a beast ambushing in the dark, trapping Cora in his arms.
“What did you want to play with me yesterday? I’ll have fun with you today!”
The bridge of Byron’s pretty nose rubbed against Cora’s neck, and his voice was obviously a little hoarse than before.
“I don’t want to do anything today.” Cora blushed.
Byron must have done it on purpose, insisting on teasing her with the word “play” over and over again.
“You can’t say you don’t want. We must have fun today to make sure you are not angry anymore.”
Byron didn’t take no for an answer. And the two of them indeed enjoyed that night.
Early the next morning, Byron was woken up by a phone call.
Cora was still curled up in bed at that time, with a posture of being extremely impatient with the phone call.
The two didn’t sleep until dawn last night. Now she urgently needed to catch up on sleep, so she would have the energy
to return to work in the hospital.
Perhaps considering this, Byron took his phone and went to the balcony to answer the call.
The call was from Carter.
“What’s the matter so early in the morning?”
Byron’s voice carried the displeasure of being disturbed in the early morning.
But Carter’s voice was as calm as ever. “There is something wrong. Mr. Yoris is investigating Miss Lane.”
“Mr. Yoris?” Byron narrowed his eagle-like eyes immediately. “Which Mr. Yoris?”
“Mr. William Yoris.”
At Jane’s birthday party before, Byron noticed that William had a different focus on Cora, so he told Carter to keep an eye
As expected, he really noticed something wrong, and William asked someone to investigate Cora.
That was why Carter reported to Byron immediately after learning about it.
Then he asked again, “Do you need someone to intercept what he investigated?”
“Just keep an eye on him first, don’t act rashly.” After Byron said these words, he ended the call.
He smoked a cigarette on the balcony, and until the cigarette burned out, he still couldn’t figure out why William, who was
old and always strict, suddenly took aim at Cora.
When he stubbed out his cigarette butt and entered the room, Cora was already washing her face in the bathroom.
“Don’t you want to sleep more?”
“No, it’s time to go to work.”
Cora glared at Byron through the mirror, but in his eyes, she looked like she was pouting because of his bad behavior last
“There’s a question you haven’t answered for me.”
Byron’s sudden seriousness made Cora unconsciously turn to face him.
Taking advantage of Cora’s turning around, Byron stepped to her a little closer, imprisoned her between his hug and the
sink, and asked condescendingly, “Why did Mr. William Yoris look for you that day?”
From Byron’s point of view, the reason William investigated Cora was probably the same as the reason he found her at
Jane’s birthday party that day.
This question caused them to break up badly before, and Cora obviously didn’t like to be mentioned again, so her eyes
turned cold immediately.
Byron didn’t know whether it was because he helped her this time or for other reasons. She didn’t confront him head-on
like last time. Instead, she took the initiative to wrap her arms around his neck and said with an inscrutable expression,
“This part can’t be told in detail…”
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower) Chapter 105
Chapter 105 Investigation
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial a*sistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial a*sistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.