Chapter 104 I Will Take Care of Her
Byron withdrew his gaze and replied with a half smile, “Work is okay, and I’m not that busy. The boss treats me very well.”
When Cora heard the part about his boss, she almost couldn’t hold back her laughter.
This man had really thick skin, and he didn’t forget to praise himself in this situation.
“That’s good. I heard that nowadays young people work overtime all the time. It’s time-consuming and harmful to their
health. I’m afraid you will do the same.”
Later, Flora and Byron talked about many topics, such as how many people there were in their family and whether they
planned to live with their parents after they got married.
Cora interrupted several times, thinking that Flora had asked too many questions.
She and Byron didn’t even count as dating, so there was no need to know whether he wanted to live at home when he got
“Mom, we aren’t even starting to date yet, so don’t ask.”
“You are all together ready, and you haven’t started anything? And I just want to ask Byron what he thinks as a reference
for your future.” Flora insisted.
It was Byron who took the initiative to soothe her. “Mrs. Flora Lane is concerned about it. I bought a property myself in the
early years and planned to move out after I got married.”
“Very good. Wouldn’t it be challenging to take out a loan with your kind of work at the current house price?”
Cora felt that Flora’s question was a little unnecessary.
This person was New York’s God of Wealth. He should have so much money that he couldn’t spend it all in his next life.
Why would he need a loan to buy a house?
As expected, Byron replied, “No.”
Later, Flora chatted with Byron a lot and said before parting, “Actually, I was worried that If the operation went wrong,
Cora would become helpless, so I was in a hurry to ask her to bring you here.”
“Mom, I said before that this operation has a high success rate, so there’s no need to do this.” Cora quickly comforted her.
Instead, Byron said solemnly, “Mrs. Flora Lane, don’t worry. No matter what the result of the operation is, I will take good
care of her.”
“With your words, I am relieved.”
Flora thanked him again and again.
Cora gave Byron a complicated look.
After they said goodbye to Flora and left the hospital in Byron’s car, Cora still couldn’t settle down.
“Thank you for today…”
Initially, she just wanted to get someone to prevaricate Flora, and she didn’t expect that Byron not only helped her out, but
also impeccably played the part.
Holding the steering wheel with one hand, Byron glanced at her sitting in the passenger seat. “Thank me? Why don’t you
tell me how come my job is an assistant?”
Cora was stunned for a moment, she didn’t expect that it was rare for her to express her gratitude, but the other party was
still struggling with such a minor detail.
Byron didn’t get a reply, so he asked again, “Could it be planned from the beginning to steal Carter from me?”
His voice was as deserted as the late-night autumn wind blowing in through the car window.
“You should ask your fiancée this question, not me.”
Cora’s temper flared a little, and she cast her eyes on the scenery that kept moving backward outside the car window.
“What does this have to do with her?”
“If she hadn’t gone to my mother and told her that I had an assistant as a boyfriend, I wouldn’t have been put on the spot
to ask for help.”
After saying this, Byron remained silent for a long time.
The silence in the car lasted long enough and made Cora feel awkward, so she glanced at him quietly.
However, with the light pouring in from the car window, his handsome face with sharp edges and corners looked even
more palpitating, and his eyes were even more unpredictable.
Cora thought he could be thinking about how much truth was there regarding what she said just now. After all, it involved
his nominal fiancée.
Feeling little anger, then she unconsciously blurted out. “What? Don’t believe what I said?”
But the man suddenly stepped on the brakes. “No, I was just wondering if you suddenly took the initiative to look for me to
play last night. Was it for me to help you?”
Listening to the word “play” that the man said slowly, Cora didn’t know why so many R-rated images appeared in her
mind, so she was a little annoyed.
“Is it so important that I asked you for help? Haven’t you already refused?”
They were about to go their separate ways, yet she was still thinking about those things with him!
Maybe she really was just like what she said, a bad pers
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower) Chapter 104
Chapter 104 I Will Take Care of Her
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.