Chapter 99 At Your Service
After Jane separated from Cora, she returned to her office.
Inside, she found her mother, Sara, already there, holding a few boxes of snacks and instructing a doctor, “Keep one box
for Jane and share the rest with your colleagues.”
“Thank you, Mrs. Sara Yoris, you are so kind! Would you care to take me in as your servant? I have studied medicine and
can handle a scalpel!”
The doctor joked after taking the snacks from Sara, to which she chuckled.
“You kids love to talk nonsense. Go out and have some snacks before they melt. They won’t taste as good if that
“In that case, I’ll give you and Dr. Yoris some space.”
After the doctor left, Jane took hold of Sara’s hand. “Mom, why are you here?”
“I brought a few sets of clothes for your father and some of your favorite snacks,” Sara replied.
“Will Dad be away from home again?” Jane’s dissatisfaction with William was evident in the way she spoke.
Despite never having to worry about food and clothing growing up, she rarely saw her father, let alone interacted with him.
“He’ll be attending a seminar and will leave for outstation right after work today.”
Sara seemed disgruntled as well. Throughout her long marriage with William, she rarely ever spent time with him, for he
spent far more time with his patients than with her.
However, they soon changed the topic. After all, they were already familiar with William’s prolonged absence at home for
months on end.
“I’m just here to remind you to go on dates with Byron when you have time. Don’t be like your father, who spends all his
time in the hospital. You’ll regret when someone else takes your place on the wedding altar when you’re this close to
standing on it.”
Sara didn’t drop by Jane’s office just to bring her some snacks.
The core of the matter was Byron’s reluctance to get engaged with Jane during her birthday party, which left Sara feeling
Her anxiety only flared when she noticed Byron seemed to regard Cara differently. She was determined to make Jane the
“I know.” Jane wasn’t too keen on having a conversation about Byron with her mother because she, too, found Byron’s
Their parents had supported their relationship, and Byron never denied anything when his friends joked about Jane being
his fiancée when they were both present on important occasions.
Yet, when it came to setting the matter in stone, he would dance around the subject.
“What’s with that response? You need to take the initiative in some things. You can’t just wait for Byron to decide
everything,” Sara advised.
She was concerned that Jane might end up like her father, focusing all her attention on her career and offering Byron to
“Speaking of which, didn’t Byron give you an anklet before? Why haven’t I seen you wearing it?”
While trying to share her experiences as an elder, she casually brought up the anklet Byron got at the auction. Jane
averted her gaze at the mention of it.
The truth was that she never got the anklet even though she was certain Byron would be gifting it to her as her birthday
Thus, she unwrapped Byron’s present for her after returning from Breezy Tides, only to find a set of diamond jewelry in the
Although the diamond jewelry was also an expensive present in and of itself, the anklet was far more meaningful to her.
Thus, she was starting to feel uncertain about the situation.
“I haven’t found the right clothes to match it.” She made up an excuse, not wanting her parents to know the truth.
“True. That anklet doesn’t go with just any outfit, but it’s not that big a deal. We can go shopping together someday to find
something suitable,” Sara suggested.
Jane wanted to steer away from the topic of the anklet. “Mom, you should go home if there’s nothing else you have to do.
I have a few patients who I have to attend to.”
“Before you go, your grandfather is curious about the artist who made the little trinket. He wants the contact information of
“Why does Grandpa need the artist’s contact information?” Jane seemed rather furtive.
After she realized she hadn’t received the anklet from Byron, she unwrapped all the other presents to check if it was
So, she also opened the trinket that Cora gave her, which Cora claimed to have made herself.
However, Jane wasn’t much interested in it, so she left it in the living room.
She didn’t expect her grandfather to show interest in it.
“I think he might be looking for apprentices. You know how passionate he is about passing on his woodcarving skills.”
Sara was nonchalant about it.
“I’ll ask around, but I can’t promise if they’ll share their contact information,” Jane replied.
She wasn’t planning to connect her grandfather to Cora, whom she disliked.
“Update your grandfather about it. I’ll head to the beauty salon now.”
Once Sara was gone, Jane forgot about the wood carving.
Meanwhile, Cora reached out to Byron on her own initiative that night…
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower) Chapter 99
Chapter 99 At Your Service
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.