Chapter 98 Assistant-Cum-Boyfriend
“Me? A boyfriend? Who told you that?” Cora asked.
However, she felt that it was an unnecessary question after posing it.
Flora had been staying in the hospital for some time. Due to the Lane family’s bankruptcy, their relatives had cut ties with
them, so hardly anyone came to visit Flora, and she had no contact with outsiders.
Besides the attending doctors, Matt and Sally, the only person who could keep Flora updated about the outside world
would be Jane, who had just left.
Sally knew better than to burden Flora with her daughter’s relationship problems, as it would likely trigger Flora
Matt couldn’t possibly have done it either, for he wasn’t even aware of Cora’s relationship problems.
So, by process of elimination, Cora figured Jane would be the one who relayed the information to Flora.
As expected, Flora replied, “It’s Dr. Yoris! She mentioned that your boyfriend works as an assistant. He seems nice and
Flora also added, “I don’t expect much from your partner as long as he’s a good person. By the way, you should introduce
him to me someday.”
Although Jane’s positive message brought a smile to Flora’s face, Cora couldn’t help feeling dismayed.
Thus, when Flora asked about meeting her boyfriend, Cora didn’t respond directly. “Let’s talk about it later.”
Deep down, she knew that she couldn’t possibly show her current partner to Flora.
Firstly, Byron wasn’t Carter, which was who people believed him to be. He wasn’t merely an assistant.
Secondly, Byron was in charge of their relationship and wasn’t one to try to please others. Naturally, he wouldn’t meet
Flora at the hospital just to please her.
Lastly, but most importantly, after the unpleasant incident at Breezy Tides, Byron seemed to have unilaterally ended their
relationship. Days had passed without her seeing him, and she hadn’t heard a word from him either.
Cora intended to pack Byron’s belongings and mail them to him after going home that day.
Under such circumstances, it was even more improbable for her to introduce him to Flora.
Flora, however, seemed adamant about it and was persistent in trying to persuade Cora.
“You’re eligible for marriage now. I will be relieved if this can be settled before my operation. With that, I will have good
news for your father even after I passed away in case the operation failed.”
“Mom, cut that nonsense. There’s a high success rate for the operation, and Matt will do his best to help you recover…”
Cora had yet to fully come to terms with her father’s passing, and any mention of his absence was deeply painful for her.
Her head was buzzing, and she was already feeling down. Despite that, she got herself together and did her best to
Flora and Gabe were her two remaining family members, and she couldn’t bear the thought of losing them.
“There are always risks in an operation. Being a medical student, don’t you know this better than anyone else? I would
like to meet your boyfriend before the operation to see if he’s worthy of your trust for a lifetime.” Flora rambled on.
It had been a while since Cora last saw her speaking animatedly, showing that she still had much concern for her
“Just tell me when you can introduce him to me. I won’t leak it to anyone.”
Touched by her mother’s concern, Cora finally gave in. “All right, I’ll check out his schedule.”
Cora regretted her decision as soon as she said that.
There was no way she could find a boyfriend to introduce to Flora that quickly.
She and Byron were nothing more than friends with benefits. Moreover, they hadn’t been in touch since Jane’s birthday
party. Besides, Byron wouldn’t help her in this situation.
“That’s a promise, then. I’ll have to change out of my hospital gown when you bring him over.”
Flora seemed delighted and started searching for her clothes near the cabinet. “I’m sure I left some of my clothes here.
Why can’t I find them?”
It had been a while since Cora had seen Flora in such high spirits. She figured her promise to introduce her boyfriend to
Flora might not be such a bad idea after all.
When worst came to worst, she could resort to finding a temporary stand-in at a talent market
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower) Chapter 98
Chapter 98 Assistant-Cum-Boyfriend
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.