Chapter 89 Still in the Water
“Byron, the birthday party today will be held on the beach, and my parents will come later…”
Jane enthusiastically introduced the party activities to Byron as soon as he got off the ship, casually mentioning her
parents’ arrival, hinting at advancing their wedding plans.
However, their conversation was interrupted by a sudden exclamation from a distance.
Both of them turned their heads to see Cora and Mia simultaneously falling into the water.
“What’s going on?”
Jane looked surprised and concerned, as if she was ready to rush to their rescue.
But in reality, she didn’t move too quickly, as she had already coordinated this with Mia earlier.
Meanwhile, a tall figure rushed to the scene even faster than her.
Jane was taken aback, not expecting him to be so enthusiastic about such a small matter.
But Byron wasn’t the only one who arrived at the scene.
Eason was right there alongside him, concerned for Cora. After all, Mia’s weight was not light.
Just as Eason was about to pull Cora up, a hand grabbed her arm, forestalling to pull her up.
Following that hand up, he saw his uncle gazing intently at Cora.
Even without makeup, Cora was unmatched by any other socialite, with a natural radiance that layers of cosmetics
Even with a wet face, she appeared alluring, with her watery eyes, her dress clinging to her figure, accentuating her
At this moment, she seemed like a siren, so enchanting.
But what made Eason more uneasy was the gentle pat on Cora’s back from his uncle’s hand.
“Uncle Byron, I’ll take care of Cora. You don’t have to bother,” Eason said.
“Your fiancée is still in the water.” Byron didn’t even look at him, continuing to comfort Cora.
After that reminder, Eason looked down and noticed Mia was still struggling in the water, waiting for his rescue.
Hesitating for a moment, he finally pulled Mia up as well.
“Eason, I just…” Mia’s words were interrupted by a coughing fit.
She wasn’t pretending to be weak. She had intentionally bumped into Cora earlier to make her phone fall into the sea, and
then she grabbed Cora’s hand tightly, leading her to a deeper area.
During that process, Cora struggled, making Mia swallow a considerable amount of water and exhausting her strength. As
a result, she struggled for quite some time before she could stand up again.
However, before she could recover from the coughing, Cora suddenly slapped her loudly, saying, “Even if you want to die,
don’t take me with you!”
The sense of despair underwater still haunted Cora when she thought about it.
She wasn’t afraid of death, but she was afraid of leaving Flora without anyone to care for her.
At the moment the slap landed, the onlookers, including those who had heard the commotion and rushed here, were
Even Jane, who had just arrived, asked, “What happened?”
With eyes reddened, Mia quickly covered her cheek and accused Cora.
“I just slipped, and I didn’t want to end up in such a miserable state. Why are you so barbaric, always resorting to
“Really? Mia, you can deceive yourself, but saying it out loud is ridiculous,” Cora replied coldly, refusing to back down.
Jane had to step forward to mediate.
“Dr. Lane, Mia didn’t mean to do that. People tend to grab onto something in dangerous situations. If you’re still angry, I’ll
apologize on her behalf. Today is my birthday, and for my sake, let’s just back down a bit, shall we?”
As Cora looked at Jane during her mediation, she couldn’t be sure if Jane was involved in the matter or not. After all, her
eyes seemed so sincere.
Moreover, she was aware that the people around now were biased toward Mia. Continuing to argue with them here
wouldn’t achieve anything.
“My phone fell into the sea. Please help me find it.”
“Sure, I’ll arrange for someone to search for it now. Dr. Lane, why don’t you go with the butler to change your clothes
Cora had no objection to her arrangement. Byron, on the other hand, draped his coat over Cora and told Carter, “Take her
to change clothes first.”
Carter nodded and then left with Cora and the butler.
Watching Cora walk away in Byron’s coat, Jane couldn’t help but feel a pang of jealousy.
Byron had never draped his coat over her before, but he did it for Cora now.
For a moment, she was almost convinced that Cora had h oked up with Byron behind her back.
However, as she saw Carter leaving with Cora, her thought became less certain…
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower) Chapter 89
Chapter 89 Still in the Water
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.