Chapter 81 Where Was He Going To?
“Escort Miss Kallis off the ship,” Jane said promptly, summoning a crew member to take Ruby off the ship.
She didn’t want to create a scene in front of Byron.
“Miss Yoris, I know I was wrong. Cora, I apologize to you. Please don’t make me leave the ship,” Ruby pleaded
As the crew member tried to pull Ruby away, she finally realized this was no joke.
She screamed and begged desperately, not wanting to become a laughingstock. What was more, she did not want to
create animosity between the already struggling Kallis family and the Yoris family or the Hansen family, which would be a
catastrophe for her family.
However, it was apparent that her belated apology held no significance anymore.
She was quickly escorted off the ship, her luggage unceremoniously thrown after her.
After sending Ruby away, Jane smiled at Cora and said, “As Dr. Lane wished, the noisy one disappeared, and I hope you
enjoy the party tonight.”
Her words and smile seemed cordial, but there was a hint of lingering dissatisfaction.
Sending Ruby away had no real impact on Jane, but the problem was that Cora did not follow the path she laid out,
indirectly rebuffing her.
Moreover, Jane noticed the silent eye exchange between Cora and Byron just moments ago.
Although their faces showed no extra emotions, there was an atmosphere that excluded others, making Jane feel quite
“Thank you, Dr. Yoris,” Cora nodded, smiling.
Jane then gestured to the butler responsible for the birthday party to hand Cora’s room key to Carter, saying, “Let Carter
take you to your room. Have a good rest.”
This time, Cora didn’t resist her arrangement, and Carter naturally took Cora’s luggage, leading her toward the guest
With the farce finally coming to an end, the spectators greeted Byron and Jane before returning to their rooms to rest and
prepare for the party tonight in better spirits.
Jane adjusted her mood slightly and then smiled at Byron.
“Byron, this is your room key. My room is just opposite yours. Let’s go together.”
To her surprise, Byron took the room key as he said, “I have something to discuss with Carter. You go ahead.”
Without waiting for Jane’s response, he turned and left.
Watching his tall figure walking away, Jane felt increasingly uncertain.
Her intuition told her that Byron was going to find Cora, not Carter.
If it hadn’t been for Mia suddenly approaching, she would have followed to find out the truth.
“Jane, I feel like there’s something between Cora and Mr. Hansen…”
Mia wanted to suggest they might have an affair but was afraid to offend Jane.
“Byron is just grateful to Carter for leaving the Pope family to help him. So, anything related to Byron is simply him
returning the favor. Before saying anything, think carefully.” Jane’s words were a clear warning to Mia not to make
Jane’s words were a clear warning to Mia not to make baseless speculations.
“I’m just worried about you, Jane.” Mia looked aggrieved.
“I don’t need you to worry about my affairs. If you have that much time, you might as well think about how to get the
wedding done with Eason as soon as possible.” Jane’s words immediately turned Mia pale.
Of course, she also wanted to get the wedding done as soon as possible to avoid any unexpected trouble.
But ever since she faked a miscarriage to get rid of future problems, it became even harder to meet Eason.
Even Lydia had only shown up on the night of the miscarriage. In this situation, initiating discussions about the wedding
seemed almost impossible.
Seeing Mia’s pale face, Jane realized she had been a bit too harsh.
“Alright, I know it’s tough for you. I also invited Eason to the party. He should be boarding the ship soon. You know how to
seize this opportunity, right?” Jane said.
“I know. Jane, thank you,” Mia said as her eyes lit up.
“By the way, having that recording in Cora’s hands is like a time bomb for us. Why not take this chance to throw her phone
into the sea to eliminate any future trouble?”
“You’re right. But we must handle it discreetly, and if anything goes wrong…” Jane didn’t finish her sentence.
Mia quickly added, “If anything goes wrong, I’ll take all the responsibility and won’t implicate you or the Yoris family.”
“Then do it the way you want. I’m going back to my room now.” Jane didn’t linger and turned to walk toward her room.
However, she didn’t go back to her room. Instead, she went directly to Byron’s room and knocked on the door a few times.
But there was no response from inside.
Frowning, Jane thought, “Where did he go? Could it be…”
At this moment, she didn’t think about Carter, whom Byron had mentioned earlier, but Cora!
Just as she was about to leave for Cora’s room to find out, the door suddenly swung open from the inside.
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower) Chapter 81
Chapter 81 Where Was He Going To?
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.