Chapter 8 Contraception
“It’s a long story,” Cora said. How should I describe my relationship with Carter?
I’m sleeping with Carter’s boss? Cora thought.
While Cora was trying to find her words to describe her relationship with Carter, Sally took it the wrong way and
“Okay, I understand. Just remember, protect yourself okay?”
Cora blinked a few times, “Protect myself from what?”
Sally rolled her eyes. “Contraception, duh!”
Cora covered her aching head and said, “No, no no. It’s not like that. I just signed a contract with Carter to act as the
agent for the alcohol he’s selling in Spire 73.”
“Right, and why would he help you for no reason…?”
Cora stopped talking. After all, Sally was right. It’s just that the person in question was not Carter Pope, but Byron Hansen.
For some reason, Cora didn’t want to tell Sally about Byron. Maybe it’s because Byron is Eason’s uncle, or maybe it’s just
because she wants to keep him to herself…
What Cora didn’t expect… was for this misunderstanding to continue.
When Sally found out that Cora had just broken up, she was afraid that Cora would be in a bad mood, so she reserved a
table for two in Cora’s favorite restaurant in advance and took her there after work.
“Did you make a reservation?”
Before they entered the restaurant, a waiter stopped them.
This restaurant was very high end, and the reservations were pretty hard to get.
“Yes, I made a reservation in advance.”
When Sally finished speaking and the waiter was about to let them in, a female voice rang out.
“Why do you allow nobodies like them in? Aren’t you afraid they can’t pay the bill?”
Cora and Sally turned around and saw Mia entering the restaurant with her personal shopper.
The waiter, who had been indifferent just now, immediately put on a warm smile when he saw Mia Donald.
Even the GM rushed over after Mia came in.
Everyone in New York knew Mia Donald, the bratty daughter of the Donald family.
“Mia, did you not brush your teeth this morning? Your breath stinks.”
Since finding out Mia stole Cora’s fiance, Sally’s been meaning to go off on Mia.
Mia gritted her teeth and said, “What are you talking about!”
“I guess even money can’t buy good dental hygiene” Sally rolled her eyes and laughed.
Mia knew she wasn’t going to win in an argument so she turned to the manager of the restaurant.
“These two don’t deserve to eat with me here. Drive them out!”
The manager told Cora and Sally, “Miss, we don’t welcome rude people like you in our restaurant. Please find another
Mia often came to their restaurant to eat and her parents hosted events here so she was a VIP client. The manager didn’t
want to offend Mia for two nobodies.
Cora was also annoyed. “She was the one who accused us of not being able to pay, how is she not the rude one?”
“Miss Donald is probably just stating a fact. If you don’t leave now, you will be blacklisted by our restaurant chain. In the
future, you can’t enter any restaurants our group owns.”
The manager was cun=ing. He knew that morality and principles were important, but he had to give in to the interests in
Sally was upset too. She brought Cora out for dinner to make her happy, but it proved annoying.
When Mia saw what the manager did, she became increasingly arrogant and ridiculed them.
“Bah! See? Two bit hes with no money and no power, and you want to pick a fight with me?”
Sally flew into a rage on the spot. “That’s right. You have money and power but evidently, NO CLASS. No wonder you
only get to have Cora’s slo py seconds!”
Mia was speechless. She was humiliated again!
Mia couldn’t let it go, but she knew she was no match for these two women when it came to quarreling, so she
commanded the manager on the spot.
“What are you waiting for? Throw them out.”
The manager immediately asked the waiters to take action.
The waiters knew Mia’s purpose was to teach Cora and Sally a lesson.
Therefore, they dragged Cora and Sally to the door of the restaurant in a rude manner.
Cora twisted her ankle in the push and almost fell back into a man’s arms.
There was a faint smell of mint mixed with tobacco on his body, which was so familiar that it made her heart speed up.
This scent… it belongs to…
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower ) Chapter 8
Chapter 8 Contraception
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.