Chapter 7 Regarded as a Deal
Early the following day, when Cora woke up, Byron was already dressed and standing beside her bed. Cora was in a
As soon as she remembered what had happened last night, Byron handed her a business card.
“In the future, you can find this person to follow up on marketing wine in Spire 73.”
Cora took the business card and looked at it.
There were two words on the business card, Carter Pope.
Cora remembered that this person was also a member of the Pope family, one of the four top families in New York.
However, there was no mention of anything related to it on the business card.
In addition to the name, there was only a phone number and the moniker, “Executive Assistant to Byron Hansen”
“Thank you, Mr. Hansen.”
“I have a morning meeting, I’ll head out now.”
After Byron left, Cora looked at the business card and smiled bitterly to herself.
I just wanted a good night’s sleep, but now it seems like Byron thinks it’s some sort of business transaction…
Cora’s heart ached faintly, but it’s not like she could explain herself to him…
Cora shoved the thought away, she had bigger things to worry about today because it’s the last day to pay the bill.
It was Monday today. Cora rushed to the First Hospital.
Cora was a medical student and was currently working as an intern in the emergency room of the First Hospital in New
York, so her salary was pitifully low.
Sally Gray, also the intern this semester and the best friend of Cora, handed her a sandwich in a ziploc bag.
“Why are you so late today?”
“I erm… didn’t hear my alarm.”
After putting on her white coat, Cora opened the sandwich bag and took a bite.
But after a few bites, Cora saw Sally smiling at her.
“But you look glowy this morning. Did you and your man finally…”
Even though Sally didn’t finish her sentence, Cora could guess what Sally was talking about.
“How could I?”
The image of Byron’s final thrusts before release came into her mind. It was so da n sey that just thinking about it made
“Are you lying to me? From your look, I can tell you’ve slept with a man recently. Look at the kiss marks…”
Sally was an expert in this field.
Cora quickly pulled up the collar of her white coat. “Fine, you caught me.”
“Oh my G D you finally lost your V card? Spill! How’s Eason’s sex technique? It should be pretty good, right?”
Carol’s heart felt as if it had been prked by needles when Sally mentioned the name of Eason.
She blurted out, “Sally, it wasn’t him last night.”
Sally looked at her with shock etched on her face, then Sally looked around to make sure no one was listening, “Girl I love
you to death but cheating is risky business. If Easo finds you, your engagement is gonna be screwed.”
Sally was analyzing the consequences of this matter with Cora.
“Sally, even if I did have sex with him, we can never be together again.”
Finally, Cora told Sally everything. After she was done, Sally was beyond furious.
“Cora, you dodged a effing bullet. Good thing you didn’t marry him, what a pr ick!”
“Yup, I am so much better off without him,” Cora said, smiling.
“Now I just want to have fun, and try to live my life the best way I can.”
Sally nodded in agreement. As for who the man with Cora last night was, Sally didn’t care that much, as long as he could
make Cora happy.
After encouraging Cora, the two returned to their busy work in the emergency room.
This kind of busyness continued until noon. Cora took advantage of the lunchtime break to call Carter Pope.
From her first phone call till meeting Carter Pope, the entire process only took thirty minutes.
Carter showed up at First Hospital and met her at the hospital cafeteria’s coffee shop.
He wore a black suit and looked like a business elite. He didn’t talk much but he was very efficient.
“Just sign right here on the dotted line, and write down your bank account number. From now on, you’ll get a share in all
the alcohol that is sold in Spire 73.”
Everything happened so fast that Cora was in a daze, it wasn’t until Sally popped over and asked her did she realize it
really all happened.
“Cora, isn’t that eldest son of the super rich Pope family? What were you discussing with him?”
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower ) Chapter 7
Chapter 7 Regarded as a Deal
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.