Chapter 78 Kill With Words
“Sure, where else can I find such a good place where I can enjoy delicious food,
have a great time, and even acquire a piece of exquisite rosewood?”
Cora sat in Byron’s arms, running her slender fingers along his Adam’s apple,
hiding her fear beneath her enchanting smile.
Feeling tantalized by her flirt motion, Byron’s inner restlessness swelled,
prompting him to firmly grasp the woman’s chin and k*ss her pa*sionately.
At first, Cora wanted to push the man away. “Stop it. I haven’t taken a shower
“No need. You’re going to wash up later anyway,” Byron said, and his voice was
And then, it was another pa*sionate night…
In the blink of an eye, the weekend arrived, and Cora arrived at the Princess
Cruise as planned.
Back when the Lane family was not bankrupt, Cora had also sailed on luxury
cruises like this, so she wasn’t impressed by the extravagant entertainment
facilities on the Princess Cruise.
However, during the Lane family’s heyday, wherever Cora went, there would be a
group of enthusiastic girls flattering her.
Now, those people were just as flattering as before, but their flattery was no
longer directed at Cora, but at the ugly and phony Mia, who had desperately tried
to surpa*s her in order to gain favor.
“Mia, when is your wedding with Eason? Can I be your bridesmaid and share in
“Mia, why have you lost so much weight recently? Look at how delicate your chin
A group of girls swarmed around Mia, chatting away as if they were close friends.
Cora couldn’t understand how they could say so many insincere words to Mia’s
They used to say it was morally wrong to steal someone else’s boyfriend and that
attending Cora’s wedding would bring bad luck. However, their current
enthusiasm to become Mia’s bridesmaids was perplexing, as they appeared
desperate to partake in her misfortune.
Cora wasn’t interested in their duplicity, but they instead came to provoke her.
Among them, Ruby, dressed in a pink maxi dress, who looked like an internet
celebrity, said the most unpleasant words.
“Cora, why are you here too? I remember your relationship with Miss Yoris isn’t
so good. Are you here for Eason?”
Cora remembered that in order to become her bosom friend, Ruby had once
gone out of her way to mock Mia, just like she was doing to her now.
Ruby was probably afraid that Mia would hold a grudge against her for having
previously mocked Mia on Cora’s behalf. So she tried her best to perform.
“Eason and Mia are engaged. It’s not right for you to still have your eye on him.”
Mia didn’t say anything to stop Ruby. She just stood among the flatterers and
watched Cora like it had nothing to do with her.
Mia and Cora had never gotten along well due to their feelings for Eason, and the
incident where Cora had used a recorded threat against Mia further strained their
relationship. Mia didn’t like Cora.
Mia believed that Cora would be scared away by the hurtful words. However,
Cora tucked her tousled hair, which was blown onto her cheeks by the sea
breeze, adjusted her enchanting red halter dress, and smiled calmly at Ruby.
“Ms. Kallis, don’t you know what happened at their engagement banquet?”
Before Ruby could respond, Cora continued, “Oh, I remember now. It seems like
the Kallis family hasn’t been doing so well lately, and naturally, you wouldn’t be
qualified to attend such a grand occasion.”
These seemingly simple words cut deep into the hearts of the two individuals.
The Kallis family had been on a decline recently, so the Donald family’s
engagement didn’t even include them on the guest list. This had been itching at
Ruby. But Cora openly revealed the reason in front of so many people, which
was like killing Ruby with her words!
Mia felt even more strongly about it. Just as everyone appeared to have forgotten
about the humiliating incident that occurred at the engagement party, Cora
unexpectedly talked about that topic again. It was as if she had conjured back
everyone’s memories, and everyone heard that smile meaningfully.
Mia felt an immediate surge of anger, wishing she could tear Cora’s heart out!
In fact, Mia was really ready to take a move.
But Cora acted faster than her!
“I’m just here as an invited guest for the birthday party. Don’t provoke me, or
Cora didn’t finish her sentence. She simply waved her phone in Mia’s direction.
Cora’s intentions were clear. She was telling Mia that she still had the recording
of Jane issuing a fake medical certificate for Mia. If Mia caused trouble for her at
the birthday party, Cora wouldn’t mind exposing the recording. By then, Mia and
her beloved bosom friends would both be in big trouble.
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower) Chapter 78
Chapter 78 Kill With Words
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial a*sistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial a*sistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.