Chapter 77 Are You Going or Not?
When Byron entered Cora’s apartment, he saw her wearing an apron, adjusting
her wooden carving with a file.
Apart from studying medicine, Cora’s biggest hobby was wood carving.
She had always enjoyed playing with wood carvings to pass the time, and
several ornaments in her LO apartment were her own creations.
However, Cora’s mother, Flora, didn’t like this little hobby of hers, so all the
finished pieces she carved had to be stored in her own little space.
Unexpectedly, she survived the big fire because of that.
“So you really like these pieces of wood?” Byron hugged her from behind.
“Don’t you think it’s fun to carve lifelike things on a piece of ordinary wood?”
Cora felt the familiar yet unfamiliar warmth behind her and remained focused on
the file in her hand.
“I always thought that only old men liked this sort of thing.”
In fact, Byron had met several people who enjoyed wood carving, the most
representative being Jane’s grandfather.
That old man’s love for wood carving bordered on obsession.
After retiring, he devoted himself to wood carving and even became known for
his mastery of the craft. He became a master in wood carving. It was said that he
was still searching for a last apprentice to pass on his skills.
“Mr. Hansen, if you find my personality dull and uninteresting, you shouldn’t have
come looking for me. Why beat around the bush like this?”
Cora didn’t allow anyone to belittle her beloved hobby, so she coldly pushed
away Byron’s hands.
However, Byron held her tight in his embrace. “I was just expressing my opinion
on wood carving. Where did your mind go off to?”
Cora didn’t respond, clearly not believing these nonsense words.
Since she continued to look at him with a cold face without uttering a word, Byron
had to resort to his “money power” once again to make amends.
“If you love wood so much, how about I give you a piece of rosewood?”
Cora didn’t say anything, but her shimmering eyes clearly lit up.
Rosewood was a precious wood that, when polished and waxed, exhibited a
deep black color, making it extremely beautiful.
However, this material was not only expensive but also difficult to find.
Seeing how badly she wanted it, yet pretending to be innocent with half-lowered
eyes, Byron furrowed his brow slightly.
Other women would go to great lengths to hook up with him, but she not only
tried to distance herself from him in public but also calculated how to benefit from
him behind his back.
Often, after Cora received his gift, the tense relationship between them would be
This made Byron unable to help but wonder if someday he ran out of money,
would she hesitate to leave him without a second thought?
Thinking about this, Byron inexplicably felt a bit annoyed. “If you want the
rosewood, come with me on the weekend to attend a party at Breezy Tides
“What kind of party is it?”
Cora’s rationality wasn’t swept away by the allure of the rosewood. Even if she
were given billions of dollars, she wouldn’t go if it was a partner-swapping party
or something similar.
Although she was currently poor, she still had control over her own body.
“See for yourself.” Byron couldn’t be bothered to explain further and simply
handed Cora the paper schedule and invitation card that Carter had just given
Cora only looked at the invitation card and immediately furrowed her brows.
“Your fiancée’s birthday party? What am I supposed to do there? Isn’t that too
much to bear?”
Although she already knew that Jane wasn’t officially Byron’s fiancée yet, Cora
couldn’t help but provoke him.
“If she doesn’t mind, what’s your problem?” Byron lit a cigarette and asked.
“Is life too easy for you wealthy people that you intentionally hurt others’ feelings
to seek excitement?”
Cora’s eyes dimmed slightly, but she didn’t lose her temper. Instead, she flipped
through the schedule of the party.
After finishing his cigarette, Byron pulled the woman who was still standing
beside him into his arms and asked, “So, are you going or not?”
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower) Chapter 77
Chapter 77 Are You Going or Not?
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.