Chapter 60 He Has a Fiancée
This charity dinner was held in the top luxury hall of Priscila Hotel, a landmark
building in New York.
Harry took Cora to do styling and change clothes. It took some time.
When they entered the hall, the charity dinner hadn’t reached the auction stage,
but most guests had already arrived.
In the glorious hall, the guests were all well-dressed. They held wine glasses and
talked, “Mr. Cross, nice to meet you.”
“Mr. Cross, I heard that the Cross Group also donated a lot of treasures tonight.”
The Donald family was one of four prominent families in New York. Harry had
already taken over most of the Cross Group’s business. So many people took the
initiative to greet him.
When Harry and Cora entered the banquet hall, many people came up to talk to
Harry smiled. “You are flattering me. They are just some worthless gadgets.”
Cora wore a white sequin dress and stood beside Harry. She was so beautiful,
which made her become the focus for them to flatter him.
“Mr. Cross, is this your new girlfriend? She’s so beautiful.”
This sequin dress was not revealing, but there was an indescribably seductive
aura in Cora’s body, which aroused the interest of many men present.
“Is she a new contracted Internet celebrity in your company? Mr. Cross, she is
really a stunner, and she can become a famous star.”
“Why does she look so familiar?”
Cora’s appearance was famous in the rich young men’s circle of New York,
especially among those who liked to find intimacy. Even if they hadn’t seen Cora
in person, they had seen a lot of candid photos of her.
So, someone quickly recognized her. “Isn’t this Eason’s former fiancée?”
“She just broke up with Eason and immediately hooked up with Mr. Cross?”
“Mr. Cross, how much money you spent to get her?”
Harry didn’t speak or deny it. Cora also felt the changes in the surrounding
She used to be a noble lady. Everyone admired and respected her. But today, in
their eyes, she was a woman who could give up her self-esteem for money.
Such a big psychological gap made her feel the coldness. Her face paled a little.
Harry noticed her helplessness. She looked like a drowning person who was
struggling for life. He ignored her cruelly, like someone who stood on the shore
and watched the drowning person struggling in the water indifferently.
He didn’t want to take her here and put her in such a dilemma if he had other
methods. After all, she was so beautiful.
But when he thought Jane asked him to have a drink together last night, and how
she asked him about Cora’s news with anxiety in her eyes, he had no choice but
to be cruel to Cora.
Jane drank a little more last night. Her face blushed in drunk, but it couldn’t hide
the helplessness and tears in her eyes. Harry still remembered what she asked
“Harry, have you ever heard the name Cora?”
Harry remembered that his heart was in his mouth at that moment. “How do you
He was worried that Jane had already known the relationship between Byron and
Cora, and he was also concerned that Jane would break up with Byron.
But Jane told him, “She is Carter’s woman, but I think Byron seems to care too
much about her.”
Although Harry didn’t know how Jane misunderstood that Cora was Carter’s
woman, he was grateful for this misunderstanding.
“Don’t worry. With the current situation of the Lane family, Cora won’t be able to
marry Carter or has a further relationship with Byron.”
But Jane didn’t listen to his persuasion.
She cried to him drunkenly. “But Harry, I always felt that Byron was leaving away
At that moment, Harry’s heart softened.
So, no matter what, he would help Jane tonight. He would let Cora know her
position and make her stop thinking about these things that would never belong
But Cora didn’t know Harry’s plan. She heard the guests’ discussion and realized
that she was impulsive tonight. She shouldn’t have come to this kind of occasion
“Mr. Cross, I’ll leave first.”
After saying that, Cora wanted to leave, but Harry grabbed her.
“Wait. Byron has arrived. Look…”
Cora looked in the direction Harry pointed and saw Byron. The man she hadn’t
seen for a few days was coming.
He wore suit and leather shoes. He was handsome and noble. As soon as he
appeared, he attracted everyone’s attention.
Jane held his arm and walked in from the banquet hall entrance. They looked like
a perfect match. The guests surrounded them and complimented them.
Those noisy and lively voices seemed to come from another time and space.
Harry’s words remained in Cora’s ears. “Cora, that’s Byron’s fiancée. Are they a
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower) Chapter 60
Chapter 60 He Has a Fiancée
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.