Chapter 59 His Invitation
The days after talking with Jane, Cora’s internship at the First Hospital was uneventful.
But Sally always asked when she would profess her love to Carter when they were off work.
Cora and Sally had just removed their doctor’s overalls and left the hospital. Sally asked again, “Cora, will you profess
your love to Carter today?”
Cora was slightly embarra*sed. “No.”
“Why? You have to seize the opportunity. When a man is deeply trapped in your tenderness, you will get his heart easily.
Otherwise, when his enthusiasm cools down, you won’t be able to get his love no matter what you do.”
Sally emphasized this almost every day, and Cora gradually accepted this point of view.
But the problem was that even if she wanted to seize the opportunity, she had to meet his first.
Cora didn’t know what Byron was busy with these two days. He seemed to disappear.
Their contact stopped on the day when he texted her and told her that he wouldn’t go to her house.
Cora even wondered if Byron got tired of her.
But she couldn’t be sure about her speculation when she recalled how he helped her inquire about Gabe’s situation.
In the past two days, she always checked WhatsApp from time to time, wanting to see if there were any new messages
from Byron or any new moments.
But the reality let her down. Byron never sent her a text message or posted anything on Instagram.
If it weren’t for the dozen sets of his clothes in the closet, Cora would almost think everything that had happened between
them before was just a dream.
In uneasy expectations and inexplicable panic, Cora didn’t receive any news from Byron, but Harry came to her
Cora waved goodbye to Sally at the bus stop, who was going on a date. Suddenly, a yellow convertible sports car stopped
Harry took off the black sungla*ses on his face in the driver’s seat. There was a Patek Phil*ppe watch on his wrist. He had
curly hair. Today, he wore a pink shirt and a purple suit jacket. He looked eye-catching.
“Mr. Cross, what a coincidence.”
Cora was not very familiar with Harry. She just had dinner with him once. But she still had to say hello to him.
Harry was dressed gorgeously. He got off the car as if fearing no one would notice him. Then, he walked up to her.
“It’s not a coincidence. I came here specifically to see you.”
While talking, Harry’s gaze was setting on Cora’s face.
She was so beautiful. Even if she was makeup-free, she was gorgeous. The light pink dress perfectly revealed her perfect
What a stunner! She was perfect.
Harry felt an electrical current spread through his b*dy whenever he saw her.
If it wasn’t for the downfall of the Lane family, and Cora had that kind of relationship with Byron and Byron’s nephew, Harry
might consider marrying her.
“What do you want to see me about, Mr. Cross?” Cora looked. Harry’s gaze made her feel uncomfortable.
“There is a charity dinner tonight, and I have no female companion. Cora, can you attend the dinner with me?”
Harry smiled and invited Cora.
Cora thought for a while before speaking, “I’ve been busy in the hospital all day, and I’m tired. I can’t behave well tonight.
Mr. Cross, I’m afraid I have to let you down.”
An old saying was, “Be aware of being harmed by others.”
Cora didn’t think her relationship with Harry was close enough to attend the dinner together. In addition, her intuition told
her that Harry had other motives for asking her to go to the charity dinner with him.
However, Harry seemed to have expected her decline. He maintained his smile.
“Don’t be so quick to refuse me. Cora, don’t you wonder what Byron has been doing these days?”
Cora frowned slightly.
Her reason told her that she should be clearheaded. She was nothing to Byron. Everything he did these days had nothing
to do with her.
But the suppressed expectation in her heart made her lose her head. Finally, she got into Harry’s car.
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower ) Chapter 59
Chapter 59 His Invitation
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial a*sistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial a*sistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.