Chapter 50 How Do You Feel?
Cora woke up with a cold.
But it was not surprising. She had been exposed to the cold wind all afternoon
yesterday and had made out with Byron for too long. Her body was on the point
of breaking down.
She rolled over and got out of bed. Stifling the dizziness in her head, she planned
to go to a nearby pharmacy to buy medicine.
She had no one to rely on and had been forced to learn to care for herself.
As for Byron, she never thought he would stay and take care of her and didn’t
dare to expect him to do so.
Unexpectedly, the bedroom door was pushed open as soon as she got out of
“Are you awake?” Byron walked in under her astonished gaze and went to her
and took her temperature.
“The fever has come down. Drink some oatmeal before taking the medicine.”
He was tall. Standing in front of Cora, he almost blocked all the light.
Cora looked at his slightly tensed profile under the half-dark light, feeling a little
“Why haven’t you left yet? Don’t you have to go to work?”
“I’m working from home today.”
Cora wanted to ask if it was because she had a cold.
But on second thought, she denied her idea.
Cora knew how much Byron valued her.
Even if he had some affection for her, she didn’t think Byron, who was always
proud, would leave his work behind just because she caught a cold.
Maybe it was because Cora remained silent for a long time. Byron felt a little
awkward. He suddenly asked, “What about you? Aren’t you going to the hospital
His gaze was fixed on her little face as he asked as if he wanted to get some
information from her face.
But Cora only said, “It’s my day off.”
Apart from slightly furrowed eyebrows, she seemed to have no other expression.
“Are you sure?”
When Cora looked up at Byron again, she was sure she should have known what
had happened in the hospital yesterday.
It made sense. He was Eason’s uncle, so this kind of thing naturally reached his
But he asked the question knowingly, making Cora feel angry. So she provoked
“How do you feel after knowing I beat your nephew’s fiancée?”
To Cora’s surprise, Byron answered her seriously, “Not bad. But I don’t advocate
fighting to solve it.”
Cora’s lips twitched visibly. “Is Eason your nephew?”
“Drink oatmeal, take the medicine, and then sleep.” Cora didn’t know if Byron
was too lazy to respond to her or what, but he walked downstairs after finishing
Cora was confused but followed him downstairs.
Then she saw a bowl of oatmeal on the low table in her small living room, and
the logo of a well-known hotel was printed on the porcelain.
But what surprised her even more was that Byron was having a video conference
on her couch with a laptop. And there were a lot of documents piled up beside
He seemed very busy, so Cora didn’t bother him. After eating the oatmeal and
taking the medicine, she picked up the phone and saw an unread message from
[Give me a video call when you wake up!]
Cora hesitated for a moment but decided to make a video call to Sally to report
Sally must have known what happened yesterday. But it was not easy for her to
endure it until now.
As soon as the video call was connected, Sally gritted her teeth and questioned,
“Cora, how could you do this? Why didn’t you tell me first when such a big thing
happened? Did you treat me as a friend?”
Sally was in the andrology department with the patients yesterday. She didn’t
know the news until she returned to the office at nine o’clock in the evening.
“I just don’t want to involve you. This is obviously a trap.”
“But if the hospital suspends you and issues a notice of criticism, your rotation
assessment will be over. What will you do in the future?” Sally’s expression was
very bad. She stayed up all night, thinking about Cora’s matter.
Others didn’t know Cora’s obsession with being a doctor, but Sally did.
When they were in the same dormitory back then, she saw with her own eyes
how Cora devoted herself to studying medicine tirelessly and even squeezed
time out of her busy schedule to attend all the subjects arranged by her mother.
“There will be a way,” Cora said.
“What way? I heard that an announcement will come out at noon tomorrow.”
In other words, Cora must come up with a countermeasure before noon
Looking at the blue sky, Cora sniffed. “I’m unsure whether it will work, but you
must not make trouble. I know you are not afraid of trouble. But the less trouble,
“Mr. Gray said the same thing yesterday. He also said the more I trouble Mia, the
worse your situation will be.”
If Erik hadn’t persuaded Sally for so long yesterday, she would have rushed to
Mia’s hospital bed and beaten her to kneel.
After persuading her, Erik was still worried she would still cause trouble. So he
gave Sally a day off.
The two chatted for a while. Sally suddenly asked Cora mysteriously, “Did Mr.
Pope spend the night at your place yesterday?”
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower) Chapter 50
Chapter 50 How Do You Feel?
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.