Chapter 42 Discuss Marriage
At night, after returning to the LO apartment from the hospital, Cora went into the
bathroom to wash off the disinfectant smell and her exhaustion. Then she flipped
through books related to cardiac surgery on the couch.
However, she never turned a page but picked up her phone from time to time to
check her WhatsApp message.
Cora had to admit that she had been waiting for Byron.
She waited from eight to twelve o’clock.
Looking at the clock, Cora smiled with sarcasm when the hour hand pointed to
Finally, she turned off the light and went to bed.
In the Perpetual Daylight bar.
As soon as Byron arrived at the private room, several rich young men from New
York rushed to greet him.
A tactful person hurriedly sent someone to bring Byron’s favorite cigarettes and
light one for him.
“Where is Harry?” Byron asked after taking a puff of the cigarette.
He had a meeting late today.
He planned to go to Cora’s apartment, but Harry said he had a good suggestion
about that batch of equipment and invited him here to talk.
But Harry didn’t show up.
“Mr. Cross said he would pick someone up and be there soon,” one of them
Byron could call Harry by his name, but they couldn’t.
Although they were all from rich families, they came in different ranks.
People like Byron and Harry were the top among the rich men in New York, and
others couldn’t call them by their names casually.
“Pick someone up?” Byron frowned slightly.
As soon as he finished speaking, the box door was pulled open from the outside.
Soon, Harry walked in with Jane.
They were all old acquaintances in the circle, and those people knew the
relationship between Jane and Byron. So they joked when they saw Jane.
“Jane, didn’t you go abroad for further studies? When did you come back?”
“You wanted to give Mr. Hansen a surprise!”
Under their teasing, Jane smiled, “I came back a while ago.”
As for other questions, she didn’t answer. She smiled and looked at Byron, who
was smoking at the farthest end of the box.
He wore black shirt and black trousers. Jane supposed he should have come
from the company.
But even so, he was more dazzling than Harry, who had gotten dressed up and
made people’s hearts throb with excitement.
“Take a seat. We haven’t been together for a long time,” Harry said to Jane,
specially reserving the seat closest to Byron for her.
“Thank you, Harry.” Holding her skirt, Jane walked to Byron and sat beside him
with a smile.
Smelling the unique masculinity on his body, Jane had countless things to say.
After all, it had been more than a month since they were so close last time.
But Byron didn’t seem to have as many feelings as her. He didn’t even take the
initiative to talk to her.
Harry always started a conversation. “Jane, you just returned from further
studies. You won’t leave again, will you?”
“Yeah. I’ve already joined the cardiac surgery department of the First Hospital,”
Jane said and quietly looked at Byron again.
She didn’t go, of course, it was because of Byron.
She and her family hoped that she could settle her marriage with Byron as soon
But she wasn’t sure if Byron understood her hint because when she quietly
looked at Byron, she noticed that Byron glanced at her.
However, his eyes were like the deep sea in the night, making her unable to see
to the bottom and touch the edge, and they seemed to be shrouded in a layer of
Although Jane was terrified, she was willing to be obsessed with him.
Mia and her other peers all preferred gentle and elegant men, but Jane felt that
men like Byron, who looked alienated and difficult to handle, were fatally
So, even if she realized Byron had another woman, she would never let go.
After hesitating for a moment, she said, “Byron… My family will hold a charity
dinner next week. My mother and father hope that you can make time for it.”
Actually, the charity dinner was just an excuse, and their real motive was to ask
Byron to come to discuss the marriage.
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower) Chapter 42
Chapter 42 Discuss Marriage
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.