Chapter 43 Obsession
Byron didn’t make a sound. He took a deep puff of the cigarette and nodded
Jane was naturally dissatisfied with his cruelly indifferent response.
But thinking that their marriage would soon be put on the agenda and Byron
would belong to her, Jane didn’t show her dissatisfaction.
She said, “I forgot to bring the invitation card. How about I bring it to your home
tomorrow? It’s been a while since I saw your parents, brother, and sister. And I’d
like to take this opportunity to visit them.”
Actually, it was not that she had forgotten to bring the invitation card, but she
wanted to use this excuse to meet him and his family and avoid making an
appointment with his assistant.
“It’s up to you.” Byron lit another cigarette after finishing one.
He kept smoking, and everyone else could tell he was in a bad mood. Even
though he didn’t do other things, people could feel full of oppression.
Harry was worried he would scare Jane, so he joked, “Jane, you and Byron
haven’t seen each other for a long time. Can you stop being like a subordinate
reporting to your superiors? We won’t mind if you show your affection in front of
“Harry, please don’t say that.”
Even though Jane said so, she looked at Byron and her shyness was palpable.
But Byron was still smoking and didn’t even take the drink Harry handed over.
He asked Harry in a cold voice, “Didn’t you ask me to come to talk about that
batch of equipment?”
Actually, from the moment Harry brought Jane into the box, he knew Harry didn’t
ask him out to talk about equipment at all.
Harry felt wronged. He just wanted to create an opportunity for Byron and Jane to
“I did plan to talk about it, but Jane is here. I don’t want to kill the mood.”
He found an excuse to end that topic, but Byron said, “Okay then. I’m leaving.”
At the same time as he finished speaking, he stubbed out the cigarette butt, got
up, and walked out.
Harry hurriedly chased him out.
The two men left one after the other. Sensing Byron’s indifference and disregard
for her, Jane was in a bad mood.
But fortunately, the people in the box were all worldly-wise.
Seeing that Jane was upset, they started talking and joking to divert Jane’s
“Dr. Yoris, I haven’t been able to eat at home recently. What do you think is wrong
Before Jane could answer, someone diagnosed that person. “If people can’t eat
the food at home, they most likely have eaten out. Just beat them and warn them
not to eat out again. If it doesn’t work, just beat them twice.”
Several people were talking and laughing, and Jane forced a smile.
Outside the box, Harry caught up with Byron.
“Byron, were you with Cora last night?”
Byron glanced at him coldly but didn’t respond.
But even if he didn’t answer, Harry knew the answer.
Although Byron and Cora didn’t interact much at the dinner last night, as a man,
Harry could see that Byron had been focused on Cora all night.
Harry didn’t want to intervene if Byron were just interested in Cora on a whim.
But Byron was obviously on the verge of losing control, so Harry had to keep an
eye on him.
“Jane called me in the morning and kept making insinuations about whether you
have been with another woman recently. I have been beaten the bush around,
and I feel full of guilt.”
Jane had been Harry’s goddess since he was a child. Lying to her made him feel
more guilty than murder and arson.
He even lied to her goddess to guard Byron’s relationship. So he thought Byron
would listen to him more or less.
But Byron still said coldly, “You can tell her.”
“Are you crazy? If I tell her, you two will break up.”
Perhaps because he felt his words were inappropriate, before Byron could
speak, Harry went on to say, “As your friend, I don’t want you to miss Jane. Jane
is down-to-earth, hard-working, and modest. Such a girl is rare. Many men want
a woman like her but can’t find…”
But Byron had heard these words too many times, and he didn’t have the
patience to listen to Harry. So he strode away.
Looking at Byron’s resolute leaving back, Harry frowned and said to himself, “He
is really obsessed with Cora! Byron, how can I save you?”
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower) Chapter 43
Chapter 43 Obsession
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.