Chapter 40 Your Girlfriend?
When Cora heard the phone ringing, she pulled away the legs that were pressing
on her stomach. She got the phone and answered it directly, “Who is it?”
She was so sleepy that her eyes were still squinting.
When Cora heard a woman’s startled voice come from the other end of the
phone, she woke up instantly.
She hurriedly handed the phone to Byron and said, “Your call. I answered it
She lowered her voice and looked a little flustered, which made Byron feel a little
“What’s up?” He said.
He put the phone to his ear casually, his voice as cold as ever.
At the same time, he oppressed Cora in his arms and watched her as she
wanted to run away in embarrassment.
“Byron? Is that you? Just now…” Jane said.
She checked the number just now to make sure that the number was correct.
There was a strange woman’s voice just now. It seemed that she had just woken
up, and her voice was hoarse, which made Jane a little flustered.
Byron had always been estranged from her. Even though he brought her to any
dinner party, he never had any intimate behavior with her.
Jane thought that Byron was not interested in this, but now it seemed that he had
given his enthusiasm to some scheming girls.
She wanted to question Byron about who this woman was and why he would do
But she was worried that such questioning would make their unreliable
relationship worse, so in the end, she forcibly suppressed her doubts and
She said, “Are you free tonight? Let’s have a meal together.”
She thought since she had found Byron’s relationship with another woman, he
would feel guilty of her and agree to have dinner with her to make up for her.
Unexpectedly, Byron said, “Go Carter and make an appointment.”
Jane was speechless. She was his fiancée, and why would she have to make an
appointment if she wanted to have dinner with him?
But before she could question him, Byron hung up the phone.
“Your girlfriend?” Seeing that Byron put the phone aside, Cora asked casually.
Just now, she subconsciously looked at the caller ID, but there was no name on
Her intuition told her that the woman on the other end of the phone had an
unusual relationship with Byron.
If that woman was Byron’s girlfriend, Cora thought that it was very immoral for
her to sleep with Byron.
She wanted to push Byron away, but Byron held her waist tightly. He even got
closer to her and looked into her eyes.
He said, “I don’t have a girlfriend.”
In his eyes, there was a sincerity that Cora had never seen before, and she had
those expectations that she thought had dissipated again.
She wanted to ask Byron if he liked her.
After last night’s dinner, she took a taxi back to her apartment and found that
Byron had arrived ahead of her. Seeing that he was smoking in front of her
apartment, she wanted to ask this question.
If he didn’t like her, why would he always come here uninvited? Why would he
always stand up and help her when she was in difficulty?
However, her reason told her to stop thinking about it.
If Byron liked her, how could he pretend to be unfamiliar with her in front of
Cora didn’t ask that question. Instead, she said, “Are you here to get those
Byron didn’t answer her but blew smoke into her face, choking her to cough, and
finally, she acquiesced that he was here to pick up the clothes that Carter
brought here before.
Unexpectedly, as soon as she opened the door, Byron kissed her lips. Without
giving her any chance to reject him, he had sex with her.
Now, that question came up again, and before Cora could ask it, Byron lowered
his head and kissed her again, with more tenderness than last night.
Cora thought to herself. Byron should like her, right?
But he only liked her young and beautiful body.
It was fine. At least, she was being liked and needed.
Therefore, she took the initiative to hug Byron’s waist, responding to his
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower) Chapter 40
Chapter 40 Your Girlfriend?
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.