Chapter 39 I Choose Carter
As Byron stood in the safe passage, the cigarette in his hand flickered, and his
eyes seemed to be mixed with displeasure amidst the smoke.
Cora was slightly embarrassed and said, “Mr. Hansen, I’m sorry to bother you.”
What a small world!
She felt angry and kicked the door casually, but why would Byron be here?
It was useless to regret it, and she could only apologize quickly. After that, she
was going to leave as soon as possible, so as not to really anger him.
However, when she just turned around, she heard Byron’s magnetic voice from
behind. “Are you here to hook up with a wealthy man?”
Cora stopped, wanting to explain.
Turning around, she saw Byron put out his cigarette and walk towards her. He
said, “Who do you like? Carter, Harry, or me?”
He came to her side, with a faint smell of tobacco and a compelling aura.
Cora felt a little confused, and she said, “I don’t want to develop a relationship
with anyone now. I just came here at the request of the hospital.”
She explained it clearly, but Byron lowered his head and approached her.
He said, “What if I want you to choose one?”
At this moment, the tip of his nose was almost touching hers.
Cora could see her clear reflection in his eyes and smell his exclusive seductive
She also felt her heartbeat speeding up a little.
Byron’s sudden approach and question made her feel a little expected.
But thinking of Byron’s indifference before, she felt that she thought too much,
and her heartbeat returned to normal.
He should be worried that she would pester him. After all, his status was not
Cora said, “I choose Carter.”
Anyway, her relationship with Carter had been misunderstood many times.
If she used him to express that she didn’t want to pester Byron, Carter probably
Cora thought that he should be relieved. Otherwise, why would he give way so
easily and let her go back to the room?
She didn’t know if it was her illusion. Byron kept asking Carter to drink
intentionally when he went back so that Carter was drunk at the end of the
Early the next morning, Jane went to Elwood’s office.
Elwood said, “Miss Yoris, if you’re looking for me, just call me over. You don’t
need to go to my office yourself.”
Elwood, the director responsible for the introduction of equipment, was not very
capable, but he was skilled at currying favor with people.
Seeing Jane enter the office, he prepared the chair and coffee for her.
Jane said, “How was the negotiation on the introduction of equipment
Jane had long been used to enjoying such flattering treatment in the hospital, so
she naturally took the coffee offered by Elwood and took a sip.
“We failed.” Elwood felt a little guilty.
Jane knew the answer. After all, this hospital belonged to the Yoris family.
She came here in person just to find out what happened yesterday.
“Did Carter go there?” She asked.
Elwood said, “Yes, but Carter seems to have offended Mr. Hansen. He was
asked to drink a lot last night.”
“Byron went there too?” Jane frowned.
She investigated and found that Carter was responsible for the introduction of the
She thought that only Carter would attend last night’s dinner, but she didn’t
expect Byron to go in person.
“Yes, Mr. Hansen even asked Mr. Cross to go with him,” Elwood said.
Elwood had a slightly complaining tone. He heard that Jane was Byron’s fiancée,
and he wondered why Byron refused to make compromises on the cooperation
between the two families. Besides, he even took their rival to the dinner, leaving
them no room to maneuver.
However, Jane was thinking of something else.
Carter’s woman went to such a dinner, and he must feel very angry.
Maybe Byron also felt ashamed because of this, so he kept asking Carter to
Under this situation, Jane thought that it was very likely that Carter would break
up with Cora.
In this way, she would feel relieved.
If she had known that Byron would be there, she should have gone to the dinner
too. After all, she and Byron hadn’t seen each other for a long time.
Leaving Elwood’s office, she called Byron and wanted to meet him.
However, her phone call woke up the two who were sleeping and tightly hugging
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower) Chapter 39
Chapter 39 I Choose Carter
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.