Chapter 37 I Will Go
“Dr. Yoris, no matter how good the relationship between Carter and I is, it’s impossible to affect the result of introducing
the equipment.” Cora smiled slightly.
Jane frowned slightly and said, “If the new equipment in the cardiac surgery department is successfully introduced, it will
benefit many patients. If we succeed, all the patients who benefit from it will be grateful to you.”
Cora said, “Dr. Yoris, no matter how good my relationship with Carter is, it is impossible to affect the result of the
introduction of the equipment. Please don’t flatter me.”
If Cora went to the dinner, she would have to drink with those men.
Even if it would benefit all mankind, Cora might not be able to accept it.
She knew that even her relationship with Byron was not good enough to affect the result of the equipment introduction.
However, Cora’s refusal made Jane very unhappy, and her tone became colder.
She said, “I’m not flattering you. I just want you to do me a favor.”
Jane investigated Cora after returning home yesterday, and she knew that her background was not bad, but she was
focused on her studies.
Jane thought Cora didn’t understand anything, so she wanted to take this opportunity to let her recognize her situation
Unexpectedly, Cora not only saw through her motives but also rejected her.
Cora looked at Jane calmly and said, “Sorry, Dr. Yoris. I can’t help you with this.”
Although the Lane family had fallen, the concept Cora learned from her parents did not allow her to belittle herself.
After saying this, Cora turned around and wanted to leave Jane’s office.
Unexpectedly, Jane said, “Perhaps you don’t know, the First Hospital is also the property of the Yoris family.”
Turning back, Cora looked into Jane’s eyes with her clear eyes and said, “What do you mean, Dr. Yoris?”
Jane said, “Intern doctors need to complete the corresponding medical tasks of the department before they can enter the
next department. If you can’t complete these medical tasks…”
Jane didn’t continue, and she looked at Cora with a smile.
Her meaning was quite clear. If Cora didn’t go to this dinner tonight, she would never make Cora complete the medical
tasks in the department, and Cora would be an intern for the rest of her life.
In that case, Cora would never be able to earn enough money for her mother’s treatment and living, let alone fulfill her
dream to be a doctor in the cardiac surgery department.
“Do you do this for Mia?” Cora’s complexion was very bad, and her fingers were sunk in her palm.
Jane said, “No. I just think that if you go to this dinner, we will have a higher chance of success.”
Jane’s eyes were sincere, but Cora thought that she was a good actor.
If she didn’t end her internship as soon as possible and become a formal doctor, she wouldn’t be able to afford her
mother’s medical expenses.
In addition, she also wanted to do her best to earn more money to buy a house, so that the three of them could reunite
when her brother came out.
In the past, it was her parents and her brother who blocked all the wind and rain for her, and now it was her turn to protect
Cora was silent for a long time and finally compromised. She said, “Okay, I will go.”
Jane said, “I believe Carter will give you a satisfactory answer.”
“I hope so,” Cora said.
Cora still stared at Jane’s face closely, as if all her dissatisfaction with Jane was concentrated in her eyes.
Jane was a little uncomfortable being stared at, and she said, “Go and do your work. I will let you know when we set off.”
As soon as Cora left, Jane went to inform the hospital’s executives who were going to attend tonight’s dinner, telling them
to bring Cora together.
These things were not difficult for her.
She was the daughter of the Yoris family, and she studied medicine in order to take over the hospital in the future. This
was a tacit fact among the people in the hospital, so they would follow her orders.
After returning to the emergency room, Cora was busy rescuing patients again.
She had been busy until 7:30 in the evening. Jane ordered someone to deliver a blue dress and sent a car to take Cora to
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower ) Chapter 37
Chapter 37 I Will Go
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.