Chapter 19 The Center of Attention
“Cora, Sally, are you here to buy shoes too?”
“Yes! Such bad luck,” Sally snapped.
Seeing that Cora and Sally didn’t seem to notice anything from what she had just
said, Mia breathed a sigh of relief and smiled, ignoring Sally’s provocation. “Sally,
you should really try to grow up and restrain your temper.”
Then she turned to the woman beside her. “Let me introduce you. This is my best
friend, Jane. She works in the cardiology department at your hospital. Jane, meet
Cora and Sally. They just started their internship at First Hospital.”
Cora frowned. She had known several doctors in the cardiology department but
had never seen this woman before.
Could she be the highly accomplished medical student that Matt had mentioned,
who had skipped grades like her?
This woman was stunningly beautiful, with perfectly applied makeup that
enhanced her features. She exuded an aura of tranquility, probably a perfect
image of ‘first love’ in the eyes of a man.
Mia, standing next to her, looked like a clown in comparison.
While Cora assessed Jane, Jane was also observing her. With her delicate oval
face and shimmering eyes, Cora emanated a gentle and pure charm, like a
pristine water lily.
Yet her figure possessed a mesmerizing allure, combining purity and temptation,
captivating any man who glanced at her.
In Jane’s eyes, besides a fleeting sense of amazement, there was also
confusion. Cora’s demeanor and aura seemed reminiscent of someone, but she
couldn’t quite place who it was.
Jane didn’t delve deeper into her thoughts, as there were countless people in the
world who bore resemblances for no apparent reason.
However, she now understood why Mia had been so anxious and insistent on
involving her in the preparations for the engagement. But none of this concerned
her, so she greeted them gracefully.
“Hello, I’m Jane. We’ll be colleagues from now on,” she said, extending her hand.
Cora and Sally responded in kind.
With the notion of not making enemies among the hospital doctors during their
internship, Sally decided not to further engage with Mia. She picked up a pair of
shoes. “Cora, try these on.”
The shoes were champagne-colored with a delicate ankle strap adorned with
diamonds. They looked beautiful, but that would depend on who was wearing
them. If the feet were on the wider side, the shoes could look rather tacky.
Mia ignored Sally and Cora and continued to look at the shoes she liked until the
exclamation of a shopping assistant caught her attention.
“Oh my goodness, these shoes fit you as if they were tailor-made, miss!”
Unable to resist, Mia followed the shopping assistant’s gaze and saw Cora’s feet,
perfectly complementing the shoes, each toe delicate and fair.
“Cora, buy them! Buy them! These shoes, paired with that dress, will make you
the center of attention! You’ll become a captivating weapon wherever you walk!”
In her excitement, Sally inadvertently revealed certain information.
Mia quickly caught onto the phrase ‘center of attention.’
So Cora would indeed be attending her engagement party tomorrow?
True, Mia had invited Cora, but she hadn’t intended for Cora to steal the
She wouldn’t allow Cora to dress up beautifully and seduce Eason!
Eason was already indecisive, and if Cora were to captivate him and make him
regret his engagement on the spot, where would that leave Mia and her family’s
Mia immediately handed her credit card to the shopping assistant, who had been
marveling at the shoes on Cora’s feet. “I’ll take this pair. Pack them for me!”
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower ) Chapter 19
Chapter 19 The Center of Attention
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.