Chapter 18 His Video Call
In the following days, Cora spent most of her time bustling around the emergency
But Sally insisted on taking her to high-end shops in search of the perfect dress
to outshine Mia at her engagement party.
Despite Cora’s attempts to persuade Sally otherwise, she found herself being
Meanwhile, Byron, who was on a business trip, had only managed to make one
video call to Cora on the first night.
At that moment, just like every other night before falling asleep, Cora was
immersed in despair over her family’s misfortunes and unease about living alone.
Byron, wearing a black shirt, appeared elegant and meticulous on the screen. His
presence immediately distracted Cora from her sadness and anxiety.
“Are you home?” Byron asked, adjusting his tie and glancing around.
Cora wondered if it was just her imagination, but she felt that Byron’s expression
had softened. ‘Maybe he’s just tired?’
“Yes, I’m home,” Cora replied.
‘Where else would I be so late at night?’
But she didn’t dare to say that out loud in front of Byron.
She wondered why he was still dressed so formally at this hour. Could he still be
working at his office?
In fact, Byron was in a conference room. He had taken a few minutes during a
break in the meeting to make the video call.
Several gossipy executives around him tried to listen in on the conversation.
After confirming that Cora was in her apartment, Byron visibly relaxed. “That’s
Cora didn’t know how to respond. She could only look down, hoping to end the
unsettling video call as soon as possible.
As she remained silent, Byron also didn’t speak for a long time. Cora thought he
might have ended the call until she looked up and accidentally met his gaze on
Cora’s heart raced. She realized that Byron was looking at her with a desire-filled
But before she could dwell on it, he abruptly informed her, “I’ll be back on
Cora was confused because she didn’t think it was any of her business.
Then it dawned on her that Eason and Mia’s engagement party would be on
Sunday. Byron, being Eason’s uncle, probably had to be back to attend the
Naturally, that would show his support for them. But why did Byron have to
mention his support for them in front of her?!
Just thinking about it made Cora upset. Without bidding Byron a polite farewell,
she promptly ended the video call.
The romantic atmosphere dissipated, and the uneasiness and sadness that had
plagued Cora were replaced by a slight annoyance.
Soon enough, Saturday arrived, and both Cora and Sally had the day off.
Cora wanted to find another part-time job during her break. In the past, she had
never worried about her livelihood, unaware of the true value of money.
But after the Lane family’s bankruptcy and the abandonment of her relatives and
friends, Cora realized the significance of money more than ever. Hence, her
focus shifted towards earning as much as possible.
Yet Sally offered her perspective. “People have limited energy, Cora. Even if
you’re in a rush to make money, you need to vent your anger and get this
business done first, so you can better move on, right?”
With that, Sally dragged Cora to a luxury shop. This time, they were searching for
a pair of high heels to pair with the dress they had previously chosen.
To their surprise, they encountered Mia at the shop. Mia was arm in arm with a
beautiful woman and examining a pair of high heels.
“Jane, I’m so grateful you made that call for me,” Mia patted the woman’s hand.
“Don’t mention it. But these heels are too high for you. You should be careful.”
“Don’t worry! You know I’m not really…” Catching sight of Cora and Sally, Mia
immediately stopped and became inexplicably flustered.
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower ) Chapter 18
Chapter 18 His Video Call
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.