Chapter 16 Sever Ties With Me
Eason didn’t explicitly admit it, but his response was more hurtful than anything
Mia could have imagined.
“Mia, I still can’t seem to forget about Cora,” Eason confessed, delivering a blow
to Mia’s heart.
At that moment, she thought about just giving him up, once and for all. But she
couldn’t bring herself to do it. After enduring years of ridicule and scorn, Mia
refused to surrender.
“Eason, the doctor said my health is fragile. If I were to have an abortion, I might
never be able to conceive again. Please, don’t be so cruel,” Mia pleaded, hoping
to sway his heart.
Yet Eason turned and left without a word.
Later, Lydia paid Mia a visit, expressing her desire to expedite their marriage
plans, so they could get it done before pregnancy made things too difficult for
However, Mia knew very well what was on Lydia’s mind. Lydia merely wanted to
keep Eason from turning back to Cora and sought to secure a suitable partner for
the Patton family.
After her shift at the hospital, Cora walked out, only to be surprised by the sight
of a Koenigsegg Agera pulling up in front of her. The window rolled down,
revealing Byron’s handsome face.
“I’ve dealt with them. If they dare to mess with you again, defend yourself. Slap
them back. Don’t be afraid.”
Caught off guard, Cora raised her head and looked at Byron.
Was he genuinely concerned about her, or was he merely interested in having
her and Eason, the ex-couple, having an ugly fight with each other in front of the
Byron spoke again, breaking through her thoughts. “Get in the car.”
“…No thanks, I’ll take the bus.”
Cora couldn’t decipher Byron’s intentions. And, the hospital was filled with people
who knew them. Being seen together would only fuel the gossip.
Undeterred, Byron drove slowly, keeping pace with her as she walked. With his
striking looks and undeniable charm, he effortlessly drew attention from the
passersby, almost causing a traffic jam.
Feeling the weight of the situation, Cora reluctantly relented and got into the car.
But she couldn’t help but feel irritated: “What are you trying to pull? Do you want
everyone to know something’s going on between us?!”
“What’s the matter?”
“Nothing to you, perhaps! Nothing but another fling to you,” Cora retorted, her
voice tinged with frustration, “But what about me? If others find out I go out with
Eason’s uncle so soon after I broke up with Eason, what will they say about me?!
It’s not just about my reputation, I might also lose my job at the hospital!”
Byron released his seatbelt and leaned in closer, catching Cora off guard.
“Are you trying to sever ties with me now?” His eyes pierced as he held her chin.
Cora was about to respond when suddenly, Byron kissed her.
The kiss was more intense than ever, carrying a sense of punishment. Cora
struggled, but his passion overwhelmed her, causing her to surrender.
The passionate kiss continued until they were interrupted by Eason’s voice from
Cora’s heart nearly stopped. She immediately pushed Byron away and sat up to
tidy up her clothes.
She was most worried that others would find out that she had romantic affairs
with Eason’s uncle, let alone Eason himself!
However, Byron seemed to be going against her and continued to tease her.
“How about we let him see it clearly? See us make love.”
Byron had a faint smile on his face, as if he were taunting her.
Cora gritted her teeth and shook her head hard.
Byron pinched her mischievously, causing her to yelp in pain.
Cora covered her mouth instinctively, and suddenly looked up and saw that
Eason was bending over and peeking into the car window.
She suddenly felt that her heart was about to jump out of her throat…
Her worried face only made Byron more amused. He yanked her hard and got on
top of her.
Cora couldn’t imagine what Eason would think if he saw her lying under Byron’s
So she gathered all her strength and hid her face in Byron’s chest. She even took
a bite to show her frustration!
This time, it was Byron’s turn to groan in pain. “Don’t bite so hard, that hurts.”
“If you don’t stop playing around, I’ll bite you even harder!” Cora said in a low
Eason listened to the conversation inside. Through the gap in the window, he
could vaguely see that Byron was pressing a woman under him.
Was his uncle having sex in the car?! With who?!
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower ) Chapter 16
Chapter 16 Sever Ties With Me
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.