Chapter 13 I’m Warning You
“Cora, your mother’s me tal state is not stable. Try not to provoke her any further,” reminded Matt, Flora’s attending
doctor, after finishing his examination.
“I’ll be more careful next time,” Cora said, visibly depressed.
Matt changed the subject. “How’s your internship going lately?”
Aside from being Flora’s doctor, Matt was also Cora’s schoolmate and a surgeon at the First Hospital.
“It’s been going well. I’ve been learning a lot in the emergency room,” Cora replied.
“That’s great! Professor Smith has high hopes for you to become the best surgeon in the cardiac surgery department. The
prosthetic valve dysfunction replacement surgery you performed two years ago is considered a classic case, mentioned
by every professor in the Department of Medicine.”
Normally, medical students who hadn’t graduated yet could only serve as assistants, even if they had the opportunity to
observe surgeries under Professor Smith.
However, Cora possessed exceptional talent, and Professor Smith held her in high regard.
He had entrusted Cora to be the primary surgeon in the prosthetic valve dysfunction replacement surgery, taking a risk by
allowing her to lead the operation.
Of course, Professor Smith was there to guide her every step of the way. If anything went wrong, he could intervene and
correct it promptly.
As it turned out, Professor Smith’s faith in Cora was justified. She performed exceptionally well in that complex surgery,
setting a new record as the youngest surgeon in the cardiac surgery department with outstanding results.
Matt served as the third assistant during that surgery and was always excited to talk about Cora’s exceptional
performance ever since.
“Another genius doctor joined us lately, by the way. She ski ped grades and obtained a master’s degree in junior high,
then pursued medical studies abroad. I’m curious to know who between you and this doctor is better.”
The admission standards at the medical university Cora attended were much higher than those of typical universities.
Thus, upon graduation, Cora earned three qualifications: a doctoral candidate, a doctorate, and a professional doctor’s
Having ski ped grades to become a medical student during her junior high years, Cora was a shining example that
ordinary students like Matt Cohen admired.
Now, hearing about another straight-A student like Cora joining the hospital, it was inevitable for Matt and others to make
But Matt did not know that being a doctor held no value to Cora’s mother.
When Cora decided to s ip grades and pursue medicine, Flora was vehemently opposed to it.
It was only through the persuasion of her father and brother that Flora reluctantly gave in.
With the Lane family in dire straits and Cora unable to help due to professional constraints, she now blamed herself for
not heeding Flora’s advice back then.
Thankfully, Matt noticed Cora’s pale face and promptly changed the subject.
Cora returned to the emergency room, where Sally intercepted her to share some gossip.
“Old Mr. Hansen has been experiencing heart problems lately, and he came to our hospital,” Sally informed Cora, “Eason
the Dog and Mia visited him this morning. That jerk is surely good at kissing butts! I should’ve dumped the trash can on
his head when I had the chance!”
“…Eason the Dog?”
“Yes! That’s what I’m gonna call him from now on.”
‘No need to insult a dog!’ Cora thought.
But she didn’t pay much attention to that piece of gossip.
Even though Cora had slept with Byron, considering Byron’s relationship with Eason, it was impossible for Cora and
Byron to become a couple.
Yet, while accompanying a patient to the ward, Cora met Mia, who wouldn’t let Cora by a s her.
“Cora, what are you doing here?”
“This is a hospital, not your home,” Cora replied without even sparing her a glance, intending to leave. But Mia continued
to block her way.
“I’m warning you. Don’t use your position to get close to Eason!
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower ) Chapter 13
Chapter 13 I’m Warning You
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.