Chapter 12 Shameless
Later on, their clothes lay sca* tered on the ground, a testament to the passionate night they had shared. Cora wasn’t sure
if she desired to relax her body or if she simply yearned for Byron’s embrace. What she did know was that Byron was
more gentle tonight than in the previous nights. He had allowed her to truly experience the happiness of being a woman.
The next day, at dawn, Cora was abruptly awakened by Byron.
Her mind was still foggy as she gazed at him, neatly dressed and seemingly unaffected by their sleepless night.
They had spent the entire night tangled together, finally succumbing to slumber just before dawn. Cora didn’t know why he
woke her up so early.
“Unlock your phone,” Byron instructed, showing no signs of fatigue.
“Oh,” Cora mumbled, her mind in disarray. She followed his command and handed him her phone. After Byron returned it
to her, she noticed a new contact named ‘By’ on WhatsApp, with a profile picture that was completely black.
Cora tossed her phone aside before falling back to sleep.
When the alarm clock rang, she found Byron was no longer in bed.
Cora hurriedly got up and headed to the hospital.
Instead of going straight to the emergency room, she made a detour to the sterile ward to catch a glimpse of her mother,
Flora Bates, through the window.
It had been over a month since the fire, and while Flora had survived, her body remained wrapped in bandages, and her
me tal state was unstable.
Due to Cora’s financial constraints, Flora was sharing a sterile ward with three other patients.
As soon as Flora spotted Cora in her scrubs, her tone was filled with dissatisfaction and rejection. “You’re wearing that
again? How much do you want others to know that you’re a doctor? How many times have I told you? I don’t want to see
you wearing that!”
“Mom, I’m an intern here. This is my uniform,” Cora explained.
Flora had always been dissatisfied with Cora’s choice to become a doctor, but Cora had grown accustomed to it. It was a
vast improvement compared to the first time she proudly showed Flora her uniform, only to have it torn to pieces.
“Why didn’t you discuss such a big decision with me? Do you even care about me?” Flora continued with her unpleasant
remarks. “So unlucky to have you. I should have suffocated you when you were born!”
Cora tried to restrain her emotions, knowing that several traumas must have caused her mother’s volatile behavior and
Otherwise, no matter how much Flora resented Cora’s choice to become a doctor, she wouldn’t have caused a scene in
front of so many people.
Just then, Flora seemed to have noticed something. Pointing at Cora’s neck, she exclaimed, “Wait, what are those…”
Startled, Cora quickly covered her neck with both hands, trying to hide the marks Byron had left on her the previous night.
Cora had arrived at the hospital early in the morning and hadn’t expected Flora to notice them.
“Why are you so cheap? You haven’t even married Eason yet, and you’ve already slept with him?” Flora’s face twisted
Flora’s opposition to sex before marriage was just as strong as her opposition to Cora’s choice of becoming a doctor. The
aversion probably stemmed from being deceived by a doctor named Yoris before her own marriage, which led her to
marry a divorced man who already had a child.
Flora’s outburst attracted the attention of those nearby, who now looked at Cora as if she were a s t who would sleep
“Mom, please calm down,” Cora pleaded, feeling utterly overwhelmed. She was at a loss as to how to handle the
After all, Flora was her mother, her only remaining family.
No matter how miserable and heartbroken Cora felt, she had no choice but to endure it.
The one consolation she had was that Flora hadn’t discovered her relationship with Byron. Given Flora’s current state, no
one would know what she might do if that secret were revealed.
Finally, a nurse arrived and administered a sedative to Flora.
Flora lay on the hospital bed, muttering in a daze, “This is karma. My retribution…
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower ) Chapter 12
Chapter 12 Shameless
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.