Chapter 124 Dancing With the Devil
At night, Cora stood by the large floor-to-ceiling window and sent a message to
She typed: [Sir Yoris, you said before that you would accept me as your last
apprentice. Does it still count?]
Arnold replied almost in seconds: [Yes, of course. It still counts. Have you finally
decided to have me as your teacher?]
[Yes. But I would like to ask if the study time will be very often. You know I’m still
working in the hospital, and I also have to work overtime occasionally. I’m afraid I
will not be able to go to study on time like everyone else.]
[No. As long as you become my apprentice, you can decide on the study time
yourself. This is a special treatment that my other apprentices do not receive.]
Cora was so brilliant. That was why Arnold believed she could still stand out
among the other apprentices, even if she didn’t work as hard as them.
Cora typed again: [All right. I will have you as my teacher.]
[Then you may come to the Yoris Mansion tomorrow, and we will hold an
Arnold sent Cora a location before telling her some details regarding the
apprenticeship ceremony. Furthermore, he also told her that he would invite
several woodcarving masters to witness the ceremony together.
Although they didn’t interact much, Cora could really feel Arnold’s kindness
It was also why she was feeling an immense sense of guilt right now, as it wasn’t
her sincere intention to be Arnold’s last apprentice. It was to get revenge on Sara
From the time the Lane family members got into accidents one after another until
now, there was one thing that she understood the most, which was the weaker a
person became, the more they would be oppressed.
Especially when encountering someone like Sara, who liked to aggravate things
further. If Sara didn’t take the necessary measures, she would definitely make a
big fuss over Cora’s job. And if she could threaten Cora to hand over the
evidence that would destroy Jane’s life, it would be the beginning of disaster in
That was why Cora had no choice but to take such an extreme method by using
violence against violence.
However, her heart wasn’t as wicked as some people after all. She felt a
tightness in her heart, knowing that she had cruelly exploited Arnold’s kindness.
She was so deep in her thoughts that she didn’t even realize that Byron had
entered the apartment.
Only when Byron had pulled her into his arms from behind did she notice his
“You’re home,” Cora said.
“Yeah. What’s on your mind? You didn’t even turn on the lights.”
It was unclear whether it had anything to do with the lights being off, but Cora’s
back looked lonely and frail under the lights of thousands of houses outside the
Byron didn’t like this feeling very much.
“I was thinking about how complicated a human heart is. Without realizing it, I’ve
been forced to be ruthless for no reason.”
Cora didn’t resist Byron’s touch, even proactively sinking deeper into his arms.
Perhaps during these days of their living together that he had become a part of
her life, and her attachment had started to grow.
Where in fact, this was not a good sign.
Once Byron pulled away and left, it would be a calamity for her.
However, she didn’t want to worry about these things for the time being, for she
really needed his comfort tonight.
Byron said, “If you want to gain a foothold in this cruel and cold world, even just a
little, kindness and sincerity are not enough. You will also need a ruthless hand,
enough patience and long-term planning, and the tenacity to climb up with your
Byron stared at the lights ahead in the distance. The light in his eyes flickered on
and off, making one uncertain whether he was advising Cora or himself.
Cora turned around, her hands climbing up before clasping around his neck. She
deliberately tiptoed and pressed close to him, and gazed into his eyes from a
close distance. “So, are you a good person?”
“I never once thought I was a good person.” Byron replied, and there was no
change of emotion in his voice.
“Then do I count as dancing with the devil?” Cora tried hard to push his neck
again, pulling him closer to her.
“I prefer you say sleeping with the devil.” And thus, the man lowered his head
and caught her lips.
They were especially crazy that night. It was as if they were using passionate
gestures to comfort the hidden scars in each other’s hearts…
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower) Chapter 124
Chapter 124 Dancing With the Devil
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.