Chapter 11 His Comfort
Sally teased, “From Mr. Pope? He wants to see you, right?”
‘Not entirely right, but more or less,’ Cora thought.
“Go! With that hot body of yours, it’s impossible for a man not to be crazy about
you. I’ll go have some fun myself,” Sally said before swiftly departing without
Cora was about to call Sally back when she saw that man walking towards her.
He wore a simple black shirt and trousers, yet his presence demanded attention.
In the dim light of the street, Cora couldn’t discern his expression clearly, but she
could see him handing her a car key.
“You haven’t left yet?” Cora asked, sensing a faint smell of alcohol as he
approached. It was not heavy, and kind of smelled good.
“I can’t leave if you don’t drive for me,” the man answered.
‘Why do I have to drive for you?’ Cora complained in her heart, ‘You could call a
taxi, use a driver from home, or just hire someone.’
But eventually, Cora reluctantly took the car key and found herself once again
gripping the steering wheel of the Koenigsegg Agera.
As an improvement from last night, she refrained from mistaking the accelerator
for the brake and avoided causing any traffic incidents.
Yet her cautious driving speed resembled that of a snail.
“If you keep driving at this pace, it’d be dawn by the time we arrive.” Byron
frowned, a meaningful glint shone in his eyes.
Cora smiled awkwardly, but she didn’t dare to increase her speed, fearing that
she might end up damaging a car worth more than her life.
Suddenly, Byron commanded, “Stop the car.”
Relieved, Cora stepped on the brake, but noticed that they had arrived near her
She couldn’t help but feel tricked, yet Byron didn’t even spare her a glance.
He opened the door and left. Cora had no choice but to lock the car and follow
“Mr. Hansen, your car key…” She tried to remind him, but Byron continued
walking without acknowledging her. Soon, they arrived at her apartment door.
Just as before, Cora couldn’t withstand Byron’s stare and opened the door to let
him in. As soon as they entered, Byron lifted her up in his arms.
Cora panicked momentarily but quickly wrapped her arms around Byron’s neck,
adopting a playful smile. “Mr. Hansen, you sent me off with a long-term wine
contract last night. What benefits are you going to offer me tonight?”
Cora’s words were laced with mockery, aimed at both herself and Byron for
trampling on her self-esteem. Byron gazed down at the woman in his arms,
observing her fake smile, which caused him to frown.
“What do you want? Just tell me.”
Cora hadn’t anticipated such a serious response, leaving her momentarily at a
loss for words.
Also to her surprise, Byron didn’t make any intimate advances after gently
placing her on the bed. Instead, he knelt down in front of her and rolled up her
With a can of ointment in his hand, Byron started to apply it to her swollen ankle.
Byron’s serious expression as he tended to her ankle broke through Cora’s
defenses once again. Tears welled up uncontrollably, breaking through the layers
of barriers and streaming down her face.
“Does it hurt?” Byron asked.
Cora couldn’t be certain, but she thought she detected a hint of tenderness and
pity in these three words.
“No,” she replied. In fact, she had almost forgotten the pain after the incident with
Yet, for some reason, as Byron applied the ointment, emotions overwhelmed her.
Perhaps it had been a long time since Cora had experienced the feeling of being
loved and cared for.
‘Ever since misfortunes befell my family one after another, everyone has avoided
me. Even when I got hurt, no one cared,’ Cora thought. ‘But now, Byron cares
“It’s alright. The ointment is effective. You’ll be fine soon,” Byron assured her.
Sensing her distress, he gently patted her back and spoke in a soothing tone.
However, his comforting words only caused Cora to cry even more.
Byron embraced Cora tenderly.
“Everything will be alright,” he murmured before lowering his head to kiss her.
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower ) Chapter 11
Chapter 11 His Comfort
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.