Chapter 102 His Appearance
In order to make a clear cut with Byron as soon as possible, Cora sped up her actions a lot.
After getting off work, she called Carter directly.
On the phone, Carter’s voice was as indifferent as ever.
“Miss Lane, Mr. Hansen is still busy.”
“I’m not looking for him.”
She thought Carter believed she couldn’t find Byron, so she asked him for help.
But she underestimated that Carter was shrewd as anyone.
At this moment, he was reporting something in Byron’s office. He answered Cora’s call in such a manner and informed her
so concisely that the man who was buried in the pile of documents suddenly raised his head and gave him a cold glance.
“Ask me for help? What’s the matter?”
Carter and Byron exchanged glances before looking away.
On the other side of the phone, Cora briefly stated that she wanted Carter to return Byron’s clothing and meet her mother,
pretending to be her boyfriend.
“Carter, I won’t make things difficult for you. It’s just this one time. It’s enough for her to undergo the operation with peace
Afraid that Carter would refuse to meet Flora, Cora repeatedly assured him.
Carter had already lost count of the times he had been stabbed in the eye but finally agreed. “I know. I’ll go there later.”
As soon as the call between him and Cora ended, the other man’s voice, cold as ice, was heard.
“So good with her?”
Carter calmly put the phone into his trousers pocket. “It’s not as good as Mr. Hansen and her.”
The crease between Byron’s brows lightened slightly. “What does she want from you?”
“Tell me to go to the hospital and get your clothes back.”
In one sentence, Byron’s brows tied up again as if a storm was about to come.
He never expected the woman who had just teased him the night before to act like she would never have anything to do
with him this morning.
He still looked at Carter with raised brows coldly. The afterglow of the setting sun shone through the huge floor-to-ceiling
window behind him and landed on the table, reflecting onto his face, but it failed to illuminate his darkened expression.
“She didn’t say,” Carter watched the expression on the man’s face darken visibly and said again, “Miss Lane also asked
me to pretend to be her boyfriend to meet her mother.”
A crisp breaking sound was heard.
Carter’s eyes followed it and saw that the precious pen in Byron’s hand was snapped in two…
After calling Carter, Cora changed into her street clothes and sat on the bench in the corridor, watching a video on her
mobile phone and waiting for his arrival.
Cora thought it would take close to an hour to come from the Hansen Group. Unexpectedly, a pair of high-end handmade
men’s leather shoes appeared in her field of vision just half an hour later.
“Carter?” Cora subconsciously thought it was Carter, but when she looked up, she saw Byron.
He was still wearing a suit and leather shoes. His tie had been torn apart a bit and looked a little loose.
But even so, it didn’t make him look sloppy. On the contrary, he looked more lay-back and suave.
Cora was slightly taken aback and stood up from the bench. “Why are you here?”
“Why can’t I be here? Or do you want to do something ulterior when you contact Carter?”
Byron moved in a little closer and pined Cora between himself and the bench behind her.
He was tall, at such a close distance projecting bullying and oppression, and his remarks with a slightly frivolous tone
were all that Cora disliked.
Cora, knowing that people were coming and going in the corridor, Byron wouldn’t dare to do anything to her blatantly, so
she rudely pushed him away.
She shoved the luggage bag she had packed into Byron’s arms.
“Since you’re here, take back everything that belongs to you.”
Byron was not angry when he was stuffed with a luggage bag. He just raised his eyebrows and asked Cora, “Why did you
suddenly send my things back and blacklist me?”
As soon as he learned that she wanted Carter to take his clothes back, he tried to contact Cora to talk but found that his
WhatsApp account was blocked and his mobile phone number was also blacklisted.
“I didn’t feel the need to contact, so I blocked it.” Cora turned to leave, feeling that talking to a heartless scumbag was a
waste of time.
But the man grabbed her by her wrist, dragged her back to him, put his arms around her waist, and asked her, “It was you
who let me go to play last night. Why is there no need to contact me today?”
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower) Chapter 102
Chapter 102 His Appearance
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.