Chapter 79 The Invitation
Mia stared at Cora, her eyes almost popping out.
However, since Cora held the recording, Mia didn’t dare to confront her head-on. If the recording were to be exposed, it
wouldn’t just implicate Jane and the Yoris family but also jeopardize Mia’s engagement with Eason.
But Ruby was different.
Since Cora had nothing on her, Ruby wouldn’t let Cora have the upper hand. Otherwise, everyone would bully her.
“The Kallis family may not be doing well these years, but we’re still better off than the Lane family. At least our homes
aren’t ruined, and none of my family died.”
After poking at Cora’s most sensitive issue in just a few words, Ruby confronted Cora arrogantly. “You’ve been broken, so
which stupid person invited you?”
In this circle, everyone was extremely pragmatic.
When a family like the Lane family had fallen into such a state, there was basically no benefit in associating with them. No
one would waste their time to make a friend with Cora, just like Ruby.
Ruby guessed that Cora had come uninvited to this party and wanted to seize this opportunity to expose Cora’s lies and
kick her off the Princess Cruise.
Cora was in a terrible mood. In addition to Ruby persistently bringing up the Lane family’s downfall, she also sensed the
gazes of others in the room, enjoying her distress.
She coldly replied, “I’m afraid that if I tell you who invited me, you’ll be scared of calling him stupid.”
In fact, Cora had thought about directly mentioning Byron’s name at that time, just to see if these people would dare to
continue showing off in front of her.
But mentioning Byron’s name wasn’t a good idea. Moreover, Cora believed that Byron didn’t want others to know about
their relationship, especially at his supposed fiancée’s birthday party.
If she were to reveal it and Byron denied it, wouldn’t that be embarrassing?
So, in the end, Cora didn’t mention Byron’s name.
But because she couldn’t name the person who invited her, Ruby became even more delighted.
“You don’t even dare to mention this fool’s name. Maybe there isn’t such a person!”
The Kallis family hadn’t broken like the Lane family, yet she still had not received a direct invitation card. She only had the
chance to board the ship through her friendship with Mia.
“In my opinion, if no one knows this person, then you shouldn’t waste the Yoris family’s resources here.”
“When did it become your decision? Is the Yoris family out of people?”
Mia was about to join in and support Ruby, but from the corner of her eye, she caught sight of Byron and Jane boarding
As soon as Byron got on board, his gaze fixed on a certain spot.
Jane kept a close eye on Byron, so she quickly noticed this abnormality. She followed his gaze and saw Cora in the
Cora was very stunning and had a great fashion sense. She knew how to present herself beautifully.
The red V-neck maxi dress perfectly matched Cora’s innocence and allure, making her more captivating than any other
Amongst the group of women, Cora stood out like a beam of light, grabbing everyone’s attention.
But what bothered Jane even more, was the aggressiveness that Byron unconsciously revealed in his deep eyes when
looking at Cora.
It was the gaze of a man looking at his own woman!
This made Jane suspect that if it weren’t for Carter between them, Byron might have made a move on Cora earlier.
This thought filled Jane with a sense of crisis, but it also led her to think of a solution.
Of course, Jane wasn’t foolish. She wouldn’t do anything in front of Byron. She simply smiled and walked toward the
crowd, asking, “What’s happening?”
Everyone was crowded together, so obviously, something unpleasant had just occurred.
Her intuition told her that this incident was directly related to Cora.
“Miss Yoris, let me explain…”
When Ruby saw Jane, she felt like she had found support and exaggerated what Cora had done.
Because Ruby was too self-assured, she didn’t notice the strange expressions on Jane and Byron’s faces when she
criticized the person who invited Cora.
Byron deliberately glanced at Cora, and his eyes remained deep and inscrutable.
Even though Cora met his gaze, she couldn’t quite figure out his intentions.
“I suspect that no one invited Cora. Isn’t that right, Miss Yoris?”
Ruby continued to rant.
The crease between Jane’s eyebrows deepened. At that moment, Byron, who had been standing beside her, coldly
interjected, “I’m the one foolish enough to invite her. Do you have any problems with that?”
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower ) Chapter 79
Chapter 79 The Invitation
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.