Chapter 76 Meeting the Love Rival
But Byron was still drinking and didn’t make a sound, but he took a rare look at Jane.
In the dim light, his deep and mysterious eyes seemed even more captivating, with a touch of debauchery on his
handsome face due to the influence of alcohol. Even the mole in the corner of his eye appeared more alluring.
Jane was deeply captivated by him with one glance but soon followed by her anxiety and concern over his lack of
The Yoris family was organizing such a grand birthday party for her this time as they wanted to expedite finalizing her
marriage plans with Byron.
However, if Byron couldn’t even attend her party, she didn’t know how to face her parents, grandparents, and all her
uncles and aunts when she returned.
Just as Jane’s mind was spinning with anxiety, Harry spoke up, “Jane, isn’t this needless concern? With your relationship
with Byron, even if you don’t invite him to your birthday party, he will definitely show up.”
Actually, Byron would come over today and join them for the party, which was arranged by Harry to help Jane.
At this juncture, he naturally couldn’t just stand by and watch Jane feel embarra*sed.
“Is that so?” Jane smiled and looked at Byron again.
Although Byron did not respond to either of them, he also did not refute their words.
With that, Jane’s anxious heart finally settled down, and after chatting and laughing with Harry for a while, she suddenly
shifted her gaze to Carter, who was quietly drinking in the corner.
“Carter, when the time comes, you can invite Dr. Lane to the party as well.”
As soon as the words fell, Carter’s hand holding the drink froze imperceptibly.
Not only Carter, but even the smile on Harry’s face also inevitably frozen.
It was because he wasn’t sure whether Jane intended to throw a birthday party for herself or meet with her love rival!
But Jane seemed oblivious to their unusual expressions and continued to smile, saying, “I remember she’s on the
weekend off. Let’s invite her to come and have fun with everyone, to relax a bit!”
After Jane decided to hold the birthday party, she specifically checked Cora’s schedule.
In fact, Jane had already noticed the change in attitude from both Byron and Carter towards Cora since their encounter at
the elevator when Harry was discharged from the hospital.
But she wasn’t sure if Carter had broken up with Cora, so she wanted to take this opportunity to test Cora whether she
could gain attention in front of Byron or not.
However, her seemingly clever test appeared rather foolish in the eyes of these men.
Carter couldn’t easily answer questions about Cora, so he didn’t respond to Jane immediately. Instead, he pushed up his
gla*ses and looked at Byron for instruction.
Byron was smoking a cigarette, his other hand turning the lighter.
Upon seeing the inquiring eyes from Carter, his hand that was turning lighter paused, and he not only nodded but also
spoke up, “Sure.”
Harry was stunned when he witnessed it all.
Byron neglected everything about Jane but readily answered anything about Cora.
This was clearly a double-standard situation!
At that moment, Harry felt so sorry for Jane, fearing that Byron’s attitude would hurt her.
But as he turned around, he saw that Jane, after only a brief hesitation, had already handed the birthday party invitation
card and schedule to Carter.
“Carter, please take these to Dr. Lane. Oh, and remind her to bring sunscreen and a swimsuit. If the weather permits, we
can go swimming.”
Jane hadn’t expected Byron actually to respond to the matter about Cora. She didn’t receive such treatment herself.
But then she thought that since Carter was also from one of the four prominent families in New York, he gave up
competing for the Pope family’s inheritance and chose to work with Byron, so naturally, Byron appreciated him.
And so, she believed that Carter had asked Byron for permission regarding Cora’s participation in the birthday party, and
Byron responded because he didn’t want to embarra*s Carter.
Of course, what surprised Jane even more was that Carter hadn’t broken up with Cora yet.
But in her opinion, it was just a matter of time. The incident where Cora accompanied another man for drinks last time
definitely caused an unpleasant situation between them.
Once there was a cr ack in their relationship, it was like a domino effect that one pushed, and it would easily collapse.
Even if their relationship hadn’t ruptured yet, Jane would definitely find a way to make their relationship collapse during the
overnight party on the cruise.
However, Jane believed that her plan was flawless, unaware that the party schedule she had given to Carter was actually
handed over to Cora by Byron himse
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower ) Chapter 76
Chapter 76 Meeting the Love Rival
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial a*sistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial a*sistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.