Chapter 5 A Whim
Cora started her first shift as a promoter.
“Sir, would you like to try this new coctail? It’s delicious.”
Cora smiled, and the dimples at the corners of her mouth were lively and intoxicating.
This was the part-time job that Byron had gotten for her—promoting different alcohol.
The clients were nearly all men, and they looked at her with lustful eyes, “You want us to order the drinks you promote?”
“Then show us why we should buy it,” another chimed in with a laugh.
A bald guy with greasy looking fingers got up and poured 10 shots of patron. “Come on, if you can drink with us, we’ll
order a few bottles from you.”
“I can’t hold my liquor. I’m really sorry.”
After drinking a few glasses of wine last night, she had sex with Byron. Alcohol tolerance was not her strong point.
Cora wanted to give up on this table so she smiled and got ready to leave.
Unexpectedly, the several male guests there refused to let her go. “Come on, this is how you treat your clients?”
Spire 73 was famous for its hot bartenders and waitresses. That’s another reason why so many men come to this place.
However, just as they were about to put their hands on Cora, a cold male voice rang out. “What are you doing?”
Everyone looked in the direction of the voice and saw that the man’s eyes seemed to be as cold as an iceberg.
Almost all the people who came here to entertain themselves were rich young men from New York. Most of them knew
After all, this is the same man whose photos are plastered everywhere. Magazines, billboards and social media. One
magazine once wrote “The hottest and most eligible bachelor, Byron Hansen. Who shall take home the gold?”
When Cora saw Byron, she was a bit surprised.
One young man tried to play it off, “we were just messing with her, we meant no harm.”
Looking at those people coldly, Byron said, “You are not qualified to do such a thing. Get lost.”
His tone sounded casual, but his innate arrogance and powerful aura suddenly reminded the people present that Spire 73
was also the property of the Hansen family.
“Mr. Hansen, I’m sorry. We crossed the line.”
“Mr. Hansen, it won’t happen again.”
They hurriedly apologized.
However, Byron didn’t listen to them. He only gloomily ordered the bar manager, who had heard the news and rushed
over, “Throw these people out. Sue them for sexual harassment, and never allow them into any Hansen Group
establishment ever again.”
The seemingly casual order made the several men weak in the knees.
Almost all of the top-notch leisure and entertainment establishments in New York belonged to the Hansen Group.
If they were barred from those places from now on, how could they have the face to stay in the social circle of the new rich
young men in New York in the future? How could they maintain their contacts?
They kept apologizing and begging for mercy, hoping that Mr. Hansen would take pity on them.
Unfortunately, the man ignored them, and the manager immediately asked the bouncers to escort them out.
After those people were kicked out, Byron didn’t even look at Cora. He simply went back to where he was sitting before.
Cora caught up with him because she wanted to thank him.
“For what happened just now, I’d like to thank you for your help.”
After thanking him, Cora nodded politely at Harry sitting at the side.
Cora behaved in a gracious manner and did not lose the demeanor that a daughter of a rich and powerful family should
Harry nodded back with a smile.
Harry suddenly understood why Byron had ignored his relationship with Eason and slept with Cora.
But at this moment, Byron ignored her.
However, Cora’s eyes landed on Byron’s hand. It was bleeding.
“Are you injured? Let me help you take care of it.”
Although she didn’t know how Byron had gotten injured, he had helped her just now.
What’s more, Cora is a doctor, she can’t just turn a blind eye to someone with an injury.
Harry glanced at Byron, he distinctly remembers Byron shattering a wine glass with his hands when he saw those men
Harry’s eyes darted between Cora and Byron, how interesting.
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower ) Chapter 5
Chapter 5 A Whim
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.