Chapter 48 Wait Where You Are
Cora was hesitant to answer, but her fingers accidentally touched the connect button.
Soon, Byron’s charming jawline appeared at the other end of the video.
From his background, Cora knew he was supposed to be in the company, and she could hear other people talking about
Byron was also busy flipping through the meeting materials.
Noticing that the video call had been connected, he took a look at the screen and said, “Tonight, I…”
He wanted to tell Cora that he wouldn’t go to see her at night.
There was a problem with a project, and he would work on it until midnight.
But after taking a closer look, he found Cora was neither in the hospital nor the apartment.
“Where are you?”
Cora asked instead of answering, “Do you need anything?”
Her cold voice made Byron feel inexplicably alienated.
Byron frowned. “I can’t find you if I don’t need anything?”
He didn’t say he wouldn’t go to her tonight because he found Cora looked strange.
Usually, she should be busy in the hospital at this time, but today, she was outside.
“No. We are neither married nor in a relationship. We are just friends with benefits and take what we need. Don’t come to
me whenever you want and let others misunderstand our relationship.”
Maybe it was because of liquid courage. Cora spoke out everything hidden in her mind.
But Cora didn’t know what she had said hurt Byron. He looked extremely unhappy, as if a disaster would come.
Cora didn’t even know Byron had a video call with her in a multi-person meeting room.
So, her remarks to Byron just now reached the ears of all the executives in the meeting room.
Suddenly, silence filled the air in the meeting room, and they could even hear a needle drop.
The executives even looked at each other. They didn’t expect Byron, who looked cool and aloof, to have a sexual partner.
The point was that his sexual partner seemed not to like Byron and was very disgusted with his proactive contact.
It was true that looks could be deceiving.
But because of this, the executives were very curious about the woman on the other end of the video and wanted to see
what kind of woman could make Byron get close to and dare to reject Byron so boldly.
“Are we just friends with benefits in your mind?” Byron didn’t notice the change in the executives’ expressions but
questioned in a cold voice.
But his innate deterrent force caused the temperature in the meeting room to drop sharply, making those executives
unconsciously put away their gossip expressions, but there was a huge wave in their hearts.
In their eyes, Byron was rich and powerful. If he really had something to do with a woman, he should be the one who had
the upper hand.
But listening to Byron’s dissatisfaction in his questioning, they felt Byron wanted the woman so badly but couldn’t have
“Aren’t we?” Cora didn’t face the camera but looked at the place where the water and the sky met with watery eyes.
But she didn’t know that her drunken eyes were lustful, and she looked like an easy target in Byron’s eyes.
It was just like when she took the initiative to embrace his waist in the Perpetual Daylight bar.
“Where are you?” He decided not to argue with the drunk now.
Cora ignored him. But when Byron heard the whistle of the ferry docking, he frowned more tightly. “Coldale Ferry?”
“How do you know?” Cora wondered, but she didn’t say anything.
“Wait for me where you are, and don’t hang up the video,” Byron said, got up with his phone, and strode out of the
When he passed by Carter, Carter dutifully reminded, “Mr. Hansen, the meeting is about to begin.”
“You chair the meeting for me.” Then Byron left without looking back.
As soon as Byron left, all the executives gathered in front of Carter to gossip.
“Mr. Pope, who is Mr. Hansen’s sexual partner?”
“Does Miss Yoris know about this?”
“Is she prettier than Miss Yoris?”
Carter pushed down the black-rimmed glasses expressionlessly. “If you are so curious, I will summarize your questions
and let Mr. Hansen answer you in person later.”
“We’re not curious at all. Really not!”
“Let’s start the meeting. Then we can go home early.”
All the executives quickly ended that topic.
They would never dare to let Byron answer them personally.
Of course, while having the meeting, they couldn’t help but curse Carter inwardly that Carter was indeed Byron’s flunky
and never let them take advantage
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower ) Chapter 48
Chapter 48 Wait Where You Are
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.