Chapter 4 The Feelings
Without hesitation, she opened the door on the other side and got in.
Soon, the car started again.
Cora saw that Byron was still holding a document in his hand with a focused
Cora didn’t know if she should say something or stay quiet to not bother him.
Unexpectedly he took the initiative to ask, “Are you short of money?”
Cora was stunned for a moment and did not think there was anything to hide.
“Yes, I am.”
“How much do you need?”
“More than 50K.”
Byron took out his checkbook, wrote a string of numbers on a check, and handed
it to Cora.
Cora looked at the check for 100K and pushed it back to him after hesitating for a
“I can’t accept this.”
Other than last night, they’ve never spoken to each other. They are practically
If she took his money now… it’d make her feel like he’s only giving it to her for
Byron seemed very surprised by her refusal. He stared at the check for a few
seconds before taking it back.
Cora then asked, “But maybe you can give me some advice? Do you know how I
can make some cash fast?”
Byron looked at her with a half smile, “all the ways to make fast cash are written
in the law books.”
Cora smiled awkwardly and said, “Right.”
If she went to jail, her mother’s treatment fees would be even more of a problem.
Just as Cora was regretting rejecting the money, Byron suddenly asked, “What if
I get you a job?”
“Okay. But I have to work in the hospital Monday to Friday. Can you give me a
part time gig?”
“The lounge we were at last night… go to Spire 73 to work in the evening,” he
At nightfall, in Spire 73, the favorite leisure and entertainment place of the rich
young men in the city.
“Byron, how does it feel to be harassed by your nephew’s fiancee?”
Byron’s good friend, Harry, was wearing a flowery shirt, drinking and chatting with
Byron knew that Harry was referring to Cora. He took a sip of wine and said,
“Engagement is off. What fiancée?”
“That’s true, and damn. That Cora Lane, she’s really something. Rarely do I see
a girl with a good face, big breasts AND a fat ass. I bet a lot of people would want
to tap that now that she’s single.”
Words travel fast, especially in the “rich crowd”. By now, everyone knew about
Cora Lane’s fall from grace and that her engagement with Eason Patton was
When Harry said, “I bet a lot of people would want to tap that” he was specifically
looking at Byron. He had exactly three hickies on his neck.
Yesterday, he had organized a party for Byron to appear in Spire 73.
That was why when Byron left Spire 73 with Cora, Harry had seen the entire
thing. Even though he was grabbing the ass of a russian model, he saw from the
corner of his eyes how Byron took Cora’s hand and headed towards the
They were both adults. It was easy to know what would happen after they left the
Harry nudged Byron, “so, how does it feel to sleep with the same girl your
nephew slept with?”
Byron glared at Harry, “who says my nephew slept with her?”
Harry’s jaws hit the floor. He edged even closer, “no f*cking way. They were
Byron ignored Harry, but the more Byron ignored him the more interested he
“Come on!! Man, talk to me. How was it?”
Byron coldly looked at Harry and just said one word, “no”
But because of Harry’s question, his mind took him back to the night before…
Cora moaning beneath him, then her legs shaking when he took her from behind.
Harry was right, she did have a perfect body. When he thrusted from behind he
held on to her tiny waist and watched as her plump butt swallowed his shaft.
The air seemed to have suddenly become thinner. Byron quietly pulled open his
collar a little.
“Aww come on man, you’re no fun…”
Harry was very open about relations between men and women.
He had seen Cora at the dinner party once, it was a long time ago but he still
remembered the blue satin dress she wore. It accentuated her curves, and even
someone like him who’s been with countless women, wanted a taste…
But at that time, Eason was her fiance and he watched her closely, making sure
no man went anywhere near her.
Now that the Lane family had been torn apart and the Patton family had drawn a
clear line between them, Harry was eager to give it a try.
But Byron suddenly interrupted him. “Maybe I’ll tell you next time.”
“Next time? There’s going to be a next time? Don’t say I didn’t warn you, what if
Jane finds out?” Harry was shocked Byron would actually think about a “next
Normally, these types of things would be a one and done, especially for Byron
who has a girl his family picked out for him. Jane was the “approved bride”, she
came from an impeccable family and had great looks. She’s also a doctor with a
kind heart, a rarity in their world.
In Harry’s eyes, Jane was excellent.
“Why should I care if Jane finds out?”
“Wait what? I thought you’d marry Jane!” Before Harry could blurt it out, he saw
Cora coming into the lounge.
“Oh shit, she looks good…” Harry exclaimed.
Byron turned around and looked in the direction of Harry’s gaze and saw that
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower ) Chapter 4
Chapter 4 The Feelings
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.