Chapter 20 His Return
The shopping assistant felt awkward. “These shoes are a limited edition, and we only have this one pair…”
“Mia! What’re you doing?! You’ve stolen Cora’s fiancé, and now you want to steal her shoes too?” Sally snapped.
She had been dragging Cora around for days to finally find a pair that caught their eye, and now Mia wanted to atch it
away again? Her fiery temper flared up instantly.
“Steal? You don’t even have the money to buy these shoes,” Mia sneered at Cora and Sally.
“Who says we don’t have the money?!” Sally staked her dignity and, ignoring Cora’s tugging at her sleeve, handed her
own credit card to the shopping assistant.
Even if she had to live on a shoestring budget for the next few months, Sally would make sure Cora outshone Mia at the
Little did they know that while they were caught up in the commotion over a pair of shoes, a car had parked across the
The window rolled down, revealing Byron’s handsome face.
Carter, sitting in the driver’s seat, reported, “Mr. Hansen, Miss Lane is in the shoe store, but… Miss Yoris also happens to
Like others, Carter believed that Byron and Jane’s engagement was a done deal, so he reminded Byron, wanting to avoid
any unnecessary conflicts and misunderstandings.
But Byron asked, “What does it matter to me if she’s there or not?”
Carter frowned, sensing that there was more to Byron’s words.
Byron didn’t say anything more, just gazing at the shoe store across the street.
Through the glass window, Cora and Sally’s trouble was clearly observed.
Byron lightly tapped his fingertip against the car window, his aloof gaze incomprehensible.
Mia looked angry and had even thought about ruining those shoes until the shopping assistant finished processing Sally’s
card and said, “Apologies, miss, but your card’s credit limit is not sufficient…”
Mia instantly rejoiced, exclaiming, “See?! I KNEW they couldn’t afford it!”
Sally’s face turned ashen. “How much are these? I can pay with a card plus cash!”
“Seven thousand. Limited editions can be more expensive than others,” the shopping assistant explained.
Seven thousand… Sally frowned. With her credit card limit and cash combined, she only had around four thousand.
Cora whispered, “It’s okay, Sally, let’s go.”
Sally really didn’t want Cora to always lose to Mia, but her wallet simply couldn’t help them much.
Seeing Cora and Sally turn around to leave, Mia was even more convinced that they didn’t have the money to buy those
“If you can’t afford them, stop making a fool of yourselves! Take them off and hand them over,” she taunted.
Though Jane didn’t join in, she observed the scene with cold indifference. Clearly, she also held disdain for Cora and
Sally, considering them lowly people without money.
Cora felt utterly embarrassed, but she had no choice but to take off the shoes.
Seeing Cora squatting down to remove the shoes, Sally couldn’t stop blaming herself for her rashness.
However, right at that moment, a cool male voice rang out, “No need to take them off. Just wear them.”
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower ) Chapter 20
Chapter 20 His Return
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.