Chapter 116 Something Unexpected
At that moment, Sara thought she might have seen it wrong.
Byron paused as if he had just seen her.
However, in his deep and inscrutable eyes, there was no trace of evasion or
He nodded slightly to Sara, maintaining his composure and courtesy, then he
simply walked past her and left the restroom.
He kept one hand casually tucked in his pocket, calm and unhurried…
But when he left the restroom, Sara’s hand holding the powder compact was
It was not just panic at the discovery just now, but more anger!
She was just as despicable as her mother! How could she dare to come to such
an occasion and try to seduce Jane’s fiancé?
In Sara’s view, since Byron was already with Jane, he wouldn’t willingly cheat on
her with Cora. The only possibility was that Cora seduced him!
Just as cheap as her mother was back then!
The more she thought about it, the more Sara felt that she couldn’t let it pa*s.
She immediately tossed the powder compact into her bag and hurriedly left the
“Cora, why did you take so long to wash your face? I thought you fell into a pit or
Upon seeing Cora return, Sally couldn’t help but ask her, “Cora, why did you take
so long to wash your face?”
“Oh, I just touched up my l*pstick while I was at it.”
Cora casually lied without much thought.
But as soon as she spoke, Sally looked at her with a complicated expression.
“Are you sure you reapplied your l*pstick?”
“What’s wrong?” Cora looked puzzled.
Sally gently pinched her chin and looked closer. “Why do I feel that you didn’t
reapply your l*pstick but ate it? Look, there is obviously a piece missing here.”
After being reminded by Sally, Cora immediately remembered that k*ss from
Byron just then.
Even though it was a light touch, her l*pstick might have stuck to him.
However, before Cora could think of how to get away with it, something
The champagne tower at the nearby drinks area suddenly collapsed, sending the
cascading bottles and gla*ses towards Cora and Sally’s direction.
“My G d! What’s going on?”
On the side, many people were shouting.
But Cora was stunned, and thought it was over.
Once hit by so much gla*s, she would be disfigured even if it was not dead.
But at that moment, she felt her arm being pulled by someone.
When she came to her senses, she and Sally were already standing several feet
And the champagne mountain stacked high fell at her feet.
But even if she escaped being hit, she was still scratched by many gla*s shards
splashed on her legs and insteps.
But compared to disfigurement, that was already considered light.
“Are you alright?”
After recovering from the shock, Cora turned around and met William’s
“I’m okay. Well, that… Thank you.”
Although Cora wasn’t very fond of William, she couldn’t deny that if he hadn’t
reached out to help, both she and Sally would have been in a miserable state just
William didn’t think that was much credit.
He was a doctor. And for him, it was a doctor’s duty to save lives and treat
But Sara suddenly appeared by William’s side and scolded, “What are you
meddling in? If you get hurt at your age, who will take care of you in the
“How can saving people be regarded as meddling?” William retorted.
“Come with me to see Sir Cooper,” Sara said without hesitation, pulling William
away with her.
Although Sara’s actions seemed a bit harsh, Cora could understand her
Indeed, no one would want their loved ones to get into an accident while trying to
If it weren’t for the resentful and accusing look that Sara gave her when she
turned back while leaving with William, Cora would have continued to hold that
But when Cora met Sara’s resentful eyes, she became uncertain again.
Could it be that Sara knew about the past between William and her mother, and
she might have redirected her animosity toward Cora because of that?
As others gradually gathered around, Cora was still lost in her thoughts.
Tyler also came, leaving behind the crowd of friends and relatives. Byron, Jane,
and Carter were also present.
“Cora, Sally, are you ok?”
Tyler couldn’t imagine what Cora would have been like without William’s timely
help just now.
“I’m okay.” Cora’s voice just fell, but Byron suddenly said, “An accident can
happen at a birthday party. It seems that your family is not doing very well in this
Tyler’s face froze.
In fact, he thought that his relationship with Byron was not bad, and they would
chat for a while every time Byron visited his house.
But for some reason, that day, he always felt that Byron had obvious hostility
Was it his illusion?
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower) Chapter 116
Chapter 116 Something Unexpected
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial a*sistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial a*sistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.